SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Fly tying vice

10/19/16 @ 9:37 AM
INITIAL POST
alumalunker25
User since 9/21/12

I would like to get 2 fly vices for tying spinners for walleye and possibly dabble in tying a few flies too. What is a decent vice that isn't going to break the bank that operates nicely too?

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
5/2/21 @ 9:23 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Bought my Thompson in the 50s and used it last month.    CARPIO 

4/30/21 @ 8:09 PM
Fishrun
Fishrun
User since 6/8/20

I have a simple Regal Inex C clamp vise I've used for the last 30 years. Will hold any size hook. 

Just recently got the Renzetti Traveler for the rotary feature and base for portability. Like that one a lot.

4/30/21 @ 10:34 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Duckdog.. If you want to spend a bit more, and have a vise that will last a lifetime.. the Renzetti traveler series might be a good choice...

(full disclosure I am on the Renzetti ProStaff)

Renzetti Traveler 2000

4/22/21 @ 11:39 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

Duckdog. Any AA vise I good enough for a beginner. After a lot of years, I just upgraded to a rotating vise. I also added the material holding spring. 

11/13/16 @ 8:52 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

I too have a Thompson vice and it has done everything I need. It's not the vices fault that some of my creations look like a cats fur ball!

10/19/16 @ 12:36 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

If you don't need a rotating vise you can't go wrong with a basic Thompson. They're cheap and make a great starter vise.

I like my Danvise for a rotating vise. For my use, it's perfect and J. Stockard has them on sale for $80 right now.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE