LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fly Tying / Patterns

10/7/14 @ 12:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Looks like the Fly Fishing board has been cleaned up and we lost some of the past threads that probably were not being posted on regularly.

I am stating this thread up with Fall and Winter on the way and will post patterns and flies here that we can share. Anyone have requests are welcome as well.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 36 OF 36 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/9/14 @ 9:45 PM
plumwerm
User since 3/25/10
Troy, I think Dave is in Milwaukee drinking Irish beer. When you seat your hackle tip wings, position them the way you want them and pull the thread really tight. The quill is hollow and will splay. Then use your hackle to separate and position the wings. It may take a few trials but it works.

10/9/14 @ 6:08 PM
tstoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
Help me tie upright dry fly wings Dave? I do fine with hair wings, have a tough time getting the hackle tip ones to stand and splay evenly.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
10/8/14 @ 7:32 PM
mostlyfishing
User since 6/7/13
What are some good files for fall walleye??? thank you for the help.

10/7/14 @ 7:39 PM
plumwerm
User since 3/25/10
I will do what I can to help Dave, I have been tying for 50+ years. Eyes are slowing me down, but still have a lot of answers. Should be fun.

10/7/14 @ 6:02 PM
wskiph
wskiph
MEMBER since 9/3/11
thank you for your offer,,How about some SIMPLE streamers ,and of a not too large size for pike,bass, and yet might entice a musky,,,if that exists,I understand that may not work,,could we use some rabbit strips for part of the fly,,,Skip from Kenosha

DISPLAYING 31 TO 36 OF 36 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.