LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fly Tying / Patterns

10/7/14 @ 12:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Looks like the Fly Fishing board has been cleaned up and we lost some of the past threads that probably were not being posted on regularly.

I am stating this thread up with Fall and Winter on the way and will post patterns and flies here that we can share. Anyone have requests are welcome as well.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 36 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/10/16 @ 11:44 AM
Small creek big fish
Small creek big fish
User since 1/19/16

Heres some congo hair bait fish patterns i tie up

5/10/16 @ 11:42 AM
Small creek big fish
Small creek big fish
User since 1/19/16

5/10/16 @ 11:41 AM
Small creek big fish
Small creek big fish
User since 1/19/16

5/8/16 @ 6:59 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Picked up a Copic Marker Air brush kit. Looks to be a better option than a traditional Air Brush for painting Popper and Patterns on Streamer flies. Going to play around with it, will post some results.

3/5/16 @ 11:33 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Over the last year I have been tying numerous crab and shrimp flies, along with a bunch of Tarpon flies. I was just down in Belize and two Permit fell for the mantis shrimp fly. When I got the fly where it had to be the Permit rushed the fly. Had one other eat the crab pattern.. That one did not end as well, my fly line was wrapped around my leg.. Dull

Looking forward to next month, as I have been invited to fish the Ascension Bay Permit Tournament out of Punta Allen.. The Tournament has very good goals..For the benefit of the children and schools of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere and for the conservation and protection of the Biosphere environment.

My Partner for the Tournament is a very well known, very attractive and smart female fly fishing person. Should be fun.

1/18/16 @ 11:00 AM
Todd Young
User since 6/25/15
Freezing cold out and no school today. My daughter is tying up some colorful steelhead/panfish jigs for the first time and having a blast!

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
2/24/15 @ 6:42 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04
Most of the threads got mopped up. Too bad..." The most faded ink is still better than the best memory". Even digital ink

10/13/14 @ 7:20 PM
tstoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
I think I got them down pretty well. I tied a bunch of quill bodied dries using hackle tips for the wings. Not really any pattern in particular or imitating a hatch in particular. Like I said, I don't really fish them, I just wanted to be able to tie them consistently. As far as dries go for me, its generally parachutes and comparadun style flies.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
10/13/14 @ 5:55 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Plum... hehehe, I was..

Troy, Charlie does a great job in his tutorial of a standard Adams with hackle tip wing.. he has some other Catskill type flys documented as well.

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/details.cfm?parentID=56

10/10/14 @ 5:12 AM
tstoeger
Troy Stoeger
User since 4/2/02
Thanks Plumwerm! I will give it a try. I fish parachutes 99% of the time. I just want to be able to do those consistently. If for no other reason than Catskill dries are cool.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 36 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.