Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Fly Tying / Patterns

10/7/14 @ 1:29 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Looks like the Fly Fishing board has been cleaned up and we lost some of the past threads that probably were not being posted on regularly.

I am stating this thread up with Fall and Winter on the way and will post patterns and flies here that we can share. Anyone have requests are welcome as well.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/31/20 @ 12:24 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Pwr.    You need :    A vise.   A bobbin.  Thread. Small scissors.  White, black,blue,red,yellow buck tail.   long shank hooks . Glue.  CARPIO     BPS has fly tying classes.    Free!

5/23/20 @ 8:37 AM
fetch-um-up
User since 2/19/06

I enjoy getting out the flyrod every spring on our Canada Trip and catch plenty of walleyes while targeting smallies..  Most minnow patterns work as well as crayfish patterns.. But then again, it's Canada, and they will bite on a cigarette butt on a hook!.....    Your milage may vary...     

5/20/20 @ 7:51 AM
madguyfly
User since 4/16/20

I'd recommend tying things that look like what people throw for walleye jigs. 

Occasionally I pick up a walleye on woolly buggers or anything I'm using for bass.  

5/19/20 @ 11:15 AM
pwrproscremin
User since 8/4/08

I have zero fly tying equipment and have never tied a fly before.  My main interest would be to tie walleye flies for the wolf river.  Do you guys have any suggestions on equipment that would be good for a beginner to buy that would allow me to tie walleye fly rigs?  Thanks much 

4/2/20 @ 8:51 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Very nice arcus.. 

3/28/20 @ 7:47 PM
arcus venator
User since 1/6/03

I was also reading about the mop fly.  I've tied a few.  Hoping to try them for perch and bluegill this year

3/22/20 @ 1:26 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I have seen that one too.. Looks very promising for Crappie and Panfish, sure it will work for Trout as well...

Mop Fly - Mop N Glow

3/21/20 @ 10:50 PM
wskiph
wskiph
MEMBER since 9/3/11

Been reading some back issue magazines...saw article about the "mop fly"

Anyone ty them and used them.....are just fr trout or can you use fr panfish 

3/21/20 @ 3:33 PM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02

Some Wood Special streamers and Llamas I’m tying.

3/21/20 @ 9:35 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Since many of us are home, thought I would bring this thread back to the top. I will start posting some new patterns next week..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.