LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fly Tying / Patterns

10/7/14 @ 1:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Looks like the Fly Fishing board has been cleaned up and we lost some of the past threads that probably were not being posted on regularly.

I am stating this thread up with Fall and Winter on the way and will post patterns and flies here that we can share. Anyone have requests are welcome as well.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 36 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/17/20 @ 11:24 AM
duckdog
MEMBER since 1/24/02

Dave, thanks for the info. Will have to try making a couple up.

9/14/20 @ 5:45 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Duckdog.. that is a tungsten bead head, with Loon UV resin (like epoxy) put on top, to make is glossy, look like an air bubble, and hold the antennae in place..  

9/14/20 @ 4:17 PM
duckdog
MEMBER since 1/24/02

What are you using for the head?

9/14/20 @ 3:32 AM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

That looks really buggy Dave... 

9/13/20 @ 7:55 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Babysitting yesterday had some time to tie up some Caddis pupae.. 

6/15/20 @ 12:08 PM
lotsofish
User since 1/23/04

Hope someone can help...sorry if off topic...

This is a long shot but last weekend 6/6/20 I lost my nice oakley sunglasses (I think in one of the parking lots along the Mecan river).  They have my last name etched onto the lenses!  PM if found.

Thanks!

5/31/20 @ 12:24 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Pwr.    You need :    A vise.   A bobbin.  Thread. Small scissors.  White, black,blue,red,yellow buck tail.   long shank hooks . Glue.  CARPIO     BPS has fly tying classes.    Free!

5/23/20 @ 8:37 AM
fetch-um-up
User since 2/19/06

I enjoy getting out the flyrod every spring on our Canada Trip and catch plenty of walleyes while targeting smallies..  Most minnow patterns work as well as crayfish patterns.. But then again, it's Canada, and they will bite on a cigarette butt on a hook!.....    Your milage may vary...     

5/20/20 @ 7:51 AM
madguyfly
User since 4/16/20

I'd recommend tying things that look like what people throw for walleye jigs. 

Occasionally I pick up a walleye on woolly buggers or anything I'm using for bass.  

5/19/20 @ 11:15 AM
pwrproscremin
User since 8/4/08

I have zero fly tying equipment and have never tied a fly before.  My main interest would be to tie walleye flies for the wolf river.  Do you guys have any suggestions on equipment that would be good for a beginner to buy that would allow me to tie walleye fly rigs?  Thanks much 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 36 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.