SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Vexilar V-400 charger and Lithium

1/27/21 @ 11:04 PM
INITIAL POST
Maas Pisces
User since 1/27/21

Can I use the older Vexilar V-400 Automatic charger with the newer V-100L lithium ion battery? I have an FL-20 Ultrapack and this charger came standard.  Just want to know if it’s safe to use, thanks!

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
2/10/21 @ 3:06 PM
mendota
PRO MEMBER User since 12/19/01

Prop-buster- Batteries Plus will accept them.

2/8/21 @ 5:05 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Agreed with the guys below.  Use theLithium charger that comes with or is recomended for the batteries.  However if you want to know fir sure, call Vexilar.

1/30/21 @ 5:50 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

as I posted before.....just where do you get rid of the lithium battery?

1/29/21 @ 3:13 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I asked the same question to Vexilar but haven't gotten a response yet.  Here's a Youtube video I found from Vexilar.  They say the V-410 works, but I'm not sure about the V-400.

1/29/21 @ 1:13 PM
mendota
PRO MEMBER User since 12/19/01

LOL at you guys, drink the koolaid.

Likely your wall-wart will work just fine.  If it charges the lithium to it's recommended level, you are good to go.

Yes, you should monitor the charge with a DVM and disconnect when charged.  Yes, there is a possibility of overcharge (or undercharge) if you do not.

My wall-wart does not exceed the maximum recommended charge voltage of my lithium, no matter how long I leave it plugged in.  That said, storing lithiums at a very high state of charge is not recommended, because it does impact cell life.  So, I disconnect once the nominal minimum is met.

From what I can see, the Vex V-410 is almost exactly what you already have.

1/29/21 @ 12:49 PM
walleye27
User since 1/25/07

lithium batteries need a different charger than lead batteries!

even though a lead battery charger will work it actually harm the amounts of cycles you will get out of the lithium battery ! So you buy a expensive battery and not a charger to match??

1/28/21 @ 3:52 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Correct, when you buy a new lithium battery buy the appropriate charger as well.

1/28/21 @ 11:12 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

You need different charger if going from lead acid format to lithium. The battery will not get correct charge unless to want to dink around each charge with meter to test. The new batteries will last thousands of charges if you do it correct!

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE