LOGIN
Lake-Link

Underwater Cameras

8/4/16 @ 6:47 AM
ORIGNAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Last winter I bought an Aqua-Vu underwater camera for ice fishing. But i rarely use it. I thought I would use it more since it was smaller than my old one with a CRT screen. But I feel like I am wasting time when I should just be casting my rod. I have the Aqua-Vu Micro II and it's nice. But the water clarity on the local State Park lake is not great. Water gets green in the summer. It is clearer in the winter. Maybe I just don't know how to put it to use. What are your thoughts on underwater cameras?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/8/16 @ 12:17 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Under water cameras certainly have their time and place.  Gotta be a clear lake.  They shin at Milles Lacs, but really stink at Lake of the Woods.  Kids love them, especially when they can watch fish come in and take a bait.

8/4/16 @ 7:17 AM
Slugchucker
User since 6/21/01

I've used an Aqua Vu for over a decade now.  It is cumbersome for sure, but it also has its place.  Some of the areas where it really shines.  1. Deep water bluegills under the ice.  I cable tie the camera straight down and set up over a school about 20 feet down and am able to sight fish the light biters. 2. Open water recon in new areas.  Took it on the Winnipeg River on a Canada trip and found massive clam beds where walleyes and giant perch were hanging. Looked like rocks on the graph but the camera told us to seek out these spots. 3. Tip up fishing refinement. I have a mid lake rock bar that holds good walleyes in the winter.  The bar has narrow bands of cobble running off of it that are less than 10 feet across.  Finding these narrow fingers are like walleye highways as they come up on the hump to feed in the evening. 4.  Anytime you take younger kids fishing they are absolutely hooked on watching the screen for fish and you can get more time out in an outing with the camera for kids.  Especially when a musky cruised past in the shallow weeds.  The kids come running out of the shack cause they think they just saw a lake monster.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.