LOGIN
Lake-Link

Uncle Josh Pork Baits question

5/2/14 @ 1:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Channel Cat
Channel Cat
User since 6/24/05
I was watching Waters and Woods one Sunday, and I noticed they were using Uncle Josh pork baits. John Gillespie was using the pork leach. I went to Fleet Farm and picked up a pack of the leaches. Has anyone used these baits before? I also notice they have pork minnow and night crawlers and i think leaf worms if i'm not mistaking. I'd like to try them out. I use Gulp quite a bit and have success with it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/16/14 @ 5:14 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I haven't had any product that comes with a decent resealable bag, be it uncle josh, gulp or whatever, so I use tupperware or whatever passes for it in the grocery store...

this stuff has worked the best for me, even tho it's not as convenient to store as a baggie

I found these kind of containers pretty reliable

ziplock+twist+and+lock

I have been using Uncle Josh pork frog on a Johnson silver minnow (in black ) for well over 50 years

my favorite is the pork frog...in "green spot"

the only modification I make is to trim the pork so the meaty part of the bait is about 1/8" think for extra action... tip: to remove this bait from the Johnson, put 2 fingers on either side of the pork frog below the barb, and rotate the Johnson, eventually it will align with the precut slot and slip out, put the frog back in the jar

7/14/14 @ 12:24 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
I tried the crawlers this past weekend, I was overall pleased with them, but the bag they come in ripped where it seals and i lost a lot of the juice

7/2/14 @ 9:11 PM
FishFinder87
FishFinder87
User since 2/8/11
That is sad.. it is not a product I use often, but have some jars that are over a decade old... I guess they now want people to buy new stuff every year. Was going to say that the main benefit is that they hold up longer then most plastics, but I guess that may no longer be true.

7/2/14 @ 2:54 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09
I was using The Uncle Josh Meat product last year and when I opened them Early this spring the bait disintegrated in my hands!I called them and they replaced it with no ? Asked.They said they had to adjust the formula.Well I guess they did,They call it PORK now!

6/24/14 @ 9:40 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06
I am trying several Uncle Josh baits this summer. Many people have advised me to not keep the pork baits in your tackle box. All those chemicals will cause your other tackle to rust. Mine on kept in an outer mesh pocket.

6/22/14 @ 5:55 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
i am thinking about picking up some of the crawlers for are trip to devils lake north dakota. do they sell them in any bigger packs than 8?

5/2/14 @ 4:10 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
No experience with these baits but I plan to get some uncle josh crawlers to use in a harness. Just frustrating to have my crawlers nipped and chewed and torn by the half hearted biters.

5/2/14 @ 5:57 AM
In Pursuit
User since 1/30/14
When the fish are biting, they all work fine. If the fish aren't biting, it doesn't seem to be any more productive of a bait than anything else. They are a sturdy bait and can be a little tricky threading a hook into, but the night crawler works great on crawler harnesses when the fish are biting because the whites can't pick the end of the bait off. I put them up against real crawlers and didn't notice a difference in what caught fish.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.