Lake-Link

Terrova Mount

5/5/18 @ 8:29 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

I just mounted my new Terrova.

The shaft doesn't sit level which I found to be odd (even without the RAM)

Is this normal? The mount is flush on the bow similar to the PDv2 I had on it, and the head sat much lower, almost level.

Just want to double check.

Thanks guys.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/8/18 @ 5:52 AM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

Thanks for the pics RH.

I guess it'll never be 100% perfect because things vary so much with weight in the boat and what not. Just going to have to try it and see how it goes I guess.

5/7/18 @ 10:14 PM
Riverhunt
User since 2/19/08

Here are a few pics of my terrova. I thought about that very same thing with the bow riding high in the water but decided to level it in the end. With 2 guys casting off the front deck, I believe the boat would sit level in the water and didn't want the trolling motor pitching up or down putting more stress on the trolling motor to move the boat. I don't know, it's too much to think about! Like you said I just want to fish. Good luck! Who knows after I have it on the water I'm sure I will have to tweek it a bit.

Riverhunt

5/7/18 @ 7:11 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

Shane,

I was going to and started thinking I had screwed up. The bow on this boat rides high. The way the motor sits, it's riding back farther than it should when deployed, which would actually work well with the bow riding high.

I am going to let it ride and hopefully get a calm day/spot and see where I'm at on the water.

Trailer and water are two different ball games.

I was going to tackle the switch and puck tonight, but just ran out of gas. All for a fish. Ugh.

5/7/18 @ 4:44 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

So are you gonna put some spacers in the front?

5/7/18 @ 2:47 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

I went off the gunnel between the head and base of the trolling motor to check level.

Apparently, starcraft decided to angle the nose down in the front (12" or so) almost a half an inch. Yup, my fault, didn't notice.

If it was opposite, I'd let it ride since the bow rides high to begin with, but it looks like I'll be re-doing it all.

If anyone wants free beer, PM me, I still have to network the terrova, a switch, 3 units and put in the "jog puck".

Now I know why boat guys get $100/hr. If it was me, it'd be twice that.

I just want to fish!

5/6/18 @ 10:40 PM
Riverhunt
User since 2/19/08

That looks odd to me as well. I just mounted my new Terrova on my boat but mounted the trolling motor to a minn kota quick release bracket. The base of the bracket mounted to the bow of the boat, I leveled and when I slide the trolling motor into the bracket the shaft is level. I will post pics tomorrow of my mount. Your bow of your boat must not be level? I had to use spacers on 3 of the 4 bolts mounting the base bracket to get it all level (front to back and side to side) because of the difference in the level of the mounting surface.

Riverhunt

5/6/18 @ 6:21 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

That looks really odd. I have a motorguide so not really sure what’s going on there. 

5/6/18 @ 8:26 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

So your boat mount is just really level.  Mine tapers down, so the terrova is level, but if my mount was level it would have same rise

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.