Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Suggestion for GPS

5/3/17 @ 9:21 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Mad Trapper
User since 2/13/02

I want to get a basic gps for fishing. I had a basic Garmin 12xl. The internal battery went dead, dont know if they replace them any more. thinking of up grading to show more things, like borders, chips etc. I dont plan on hunting out west. Any ideas?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/8/17 @ 4:29 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

if you're talking just for fishing, take a look at the Navionic's app ...

www.navionics.com/usa/apps/navionics-boating

here's the web app, shows you the mapping that comes with the phone/tablet apps

webapp.navionics.com/#boating@6&key=_bdfGj%7Bg%7BO

one of many how to and demo videos

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktnCWJA1wyU&t=331s

5/7/17 @ 2:11 PM
Walleydreaming
Walleydreaming
User since 8/5/08

Not sure they still sell them but I have a Delorme PN60. It is/was awesome. I have it as a backup to my fishfinder. I bought it because it took a Navionics Hotmap chip (still does). Used it several years without issue. Pretty awesome unit. Could also download maps. 

Now a smart phone can do about the same things now. It runs on lithium 2A batteries. Usually could get a week of full time use out of it. 

Solid unit. PM if you are interested as I would part with it for the right price. Or I plan on keeping it for a backup as I can just pop the map chip into it and go. 

5/4/17 @ 10:54 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15
You can find good deals on used units on amazon. Otherwise you could try lowrance.

5/4/17 @ 4:02 PM
Mad Trapper
User since 2/13/02

yes, hand held. They all seem so expensive and set up for hunting out west or geo caching

5/4/17 @ 10:16 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I'm assuming you're talking about handhelds. I would stick with the garmin units. They have their own lake chips that are pretty good.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.