MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Suffix nano brand

3/14/19 @ 6:42 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rmba
rmba
MEMBER since 7/1/10

Any of you guys using this line ? Just wondering your take on it. I am using fireline smoke #6 now, it’s ok . 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
3/15/19 @ 9:16 AM
brtn610
brtn610
USER since 12/30/07

I spooled up one walleye jigging rod with 10lb nano braid last year and liked it. I typically use 10lb 832 for my jigging applications and cannot say that I liked the the nano braid any more or less. They both work well for me when pitching jigs or vertical jigging.

Now nanofil, in my opinion, is garbage. Keep in mind that my experience was around 5 years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I will not go back down that road to find out. It is a pain to tie that double palomar that they suggest. It is a pain to tie a double uni to uni knot for line to line connections. Shock strength was very poor. All in all it was difficult to work with and the pluses did not outweigh the minuses. Come to think of it, I’m not aware of any advantages that nanofil has over a super braid, except for maybe less water absorption to prevent freezing in cold temps.

Post Your Comment
3/15/19 @ 6:48 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04

Nanofil is much better line then regular fire line.   I am sure nanobraid is comparable to nanofil.   I might even have it on a reel already because I like suffix braids in general.  

Post Your Comment