Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Rod Holder Mounts

4/16/15 @ 12:43 PM
ORIGNAL POST
gamehunter
User since 7/4/09
I just bought a used, new to me, boat. I has Ram brand flush mounts already installed in the boat. Does anyone know what brands of rod holders will fit in these mounts, if any? I know that Scotty and the Cabelas are the same. I cannot find any charts or literature on what is compatible with what.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/24/15 @ 1:22 AM
Glass Crapie
User since 3/1/08
I have used roberts, scotty, cannon and guide series rod holders (intended for walleye etc...) U know the black plastic/resin ones. I have never lost any rods but I'v watched them all bend to the point they all made me very uncomfortable with a nice king or Bow on the other end.

With no less than $125 hanging in them and in some cases over $250 (still cheap in some cases for rod reel, line, bait, dipseys, leaders, hardware etc... etc....) I decided to go with traxstechs trax with Cannon ratcheting dual axis rod holders (the best rod holders out there in my opinion ESPECIALLY FOR DIPSEYS!) A buddy of mine bought a couple last year and I fell in love! I am putting 6 of them on my new boat.

4/20/15 @ 5:13 PM
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
When I first started salmon fishing I was using my existing Cabelas / Scotty rod holders. One time I had a king on a dipsey that broke the rod part that goes into the flush mount. A month later another king hit a dipsey and I didn't see the strike right away and the darn thing almost ripped the rod holder out of the mount. Barely caught/saved the rod. I then...bit the bullet and bought Traxtech holders. They're awesome, It's an investment, but worth it.

4/20/15 @ 4:10 PM
cycleguy
User since 2/8/05
I have Ram mounts... and a set of Scotty, or something.... if looking to use the ram mounts, you are best off with Ram holders. Even the ones I have.... may fit, but they are just different enough it really isn't right. I've had good luck with my Rams so far. Moving to a little more big water (Lake MI) fishing and I'll see how they hold up there.

4/20/15 @ 1:21 AM
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
Game hunter, I'm not going to be much help either for ya. What I can offer is that I've ran into the same thing years ago. They're not all universal. The spline doesn't seem to be the problem but some of the diameters are different. Assuming you're looking to buy holders to fit the existing mounts, I would suggest, buying the Cabelas HT 360's or Scotty 231. They're some of the best available of that type and come with the flush mounts included. Changing out the mounts if the Rams don't fit is very easy.

4/19/15 @ 9:52 PM
gamehunter
User since 7/4/09
Thanks Captain Obvious! You don't think I tried google? I can't find anything that says if anything is compatible with them or not.

4/16/15 @ 2:48 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
Rod Holders

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.