SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

resonable $$ locator

5/21/21 @ 10:50 PM
INITIAL POST
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

What is the cheapest locator that will link up to an Ullterra? 5 or 7" screen. Does not need GPS or sidescan. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
6/9/21 @ 6:02 PM
flint fredstone
User since 4/10/12

Thanks to everyone for your insight. It is not true that anything will work off the Ulterra transducer. I had a Humminbird 597 HD that would not link with it. Thanks again. Anyone out there who has a locator without the transducer you would like to get rid of?

6/8/21 @ 10:03 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

I bought a Helix 5 with only a couple hours on it for $150 from a friend.  With a lakemaster chip sold separate and I'm in love with it!!

6/7/21 @ 11:39 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

When you say does not need GPS, that to me says you are only wanting to use the  transducer from the Ulterra.  In that case a 5 will work, but heck you may as well get at least a Helix 7, as the 5 screens are very small.

6/3/21 @ 7:15 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Like everyone else said Helix I've got a 7 and works great.

6/3/21 @ 5:13 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I just upgraded my trolling motor and locator. I bought my boat used (2013) 2 years ago and it had a pretty basic Lowrance X-4 locator and a Minnkota Powerdrive trolling motor. I just put on a Helix 7 locator and a Minnkota Terrova i-Pilot trolling motor. I opted to not go with the link version because I wouldn’t really use those features anyway. I just wanted spot lock and autopilot. I’m going to hook my old locator up to the trolling motor and mount that up front so I can see depth when I’m sitting up front. I used the trolling motor for the first time last weekend and it’s amazing, so is the Helix! Still couldn’t make the fish bite though lol. 

6/3/21 @ 12:32 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Slap a Humminbird Helix 5 on there and call it a day. I would get the GPS unit tho so you can use the Follow the Contour feature...and use LakeMaster cards...just my opinion tho.

6/2/21 @ 9:54 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

You can connect any brand of locator to your Minnkota trolling motor with built in transducer you just need the correct adapter cord.  To “link” your locator to your trolling motor to follow a certain depth or contour automatically it must be a Humminbird. If your just looking for something basic that shows depth and fish, $100 is probably the cheapest you’ll find one. 

6/2/21 @ 9:08 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Anything Hummeringbird , would be my guess 

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE