Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

polarized glasses

6/23/16 @ 7:45 AM
ORIGNAL POST
rmba
MEMBER since 7/1/10

just wondering about polarized glasses, are there better ones, then others. I seen a deal on face book about Oakley polarized glasses for around $25 I didn't know if was a scam or not.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 31 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/10/18 @ 5:50 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Have prescription Ray Ban polarized that work very well. They were a little over $300. I would easily pay more though for something I wear 365 days a year. Also have some Cocoons that fit over my prescription glasses that work well, though not the most comfortable thing wearing 2 pairs of glasses. Next year will probably be time for some new prescription shades. Will have to start pricing out different brands.

9/10/18 @ 4:01 PM
fetch-um-up
User since 2/19/06

I'm on my second pair of Oakley prescription polarized sunglasses.  I've been wearing polarized lenses in prescription for close to 30 years.  These are some of the best quality I've ever had.  They have a great discount program called 'Standard Issue' for Police, and Military and a few others........ 

9/10/18 @ 8:03 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

Prescription Costas

I don’t have the prescription lenses but these are great sunglasses. 

9/9/18 @ 11:00 PM
Johnny Bravo
User since 10/6/17

Okaley does prescription polarized sun glasses. They have a good bit of frames, same as the regular sunglasses and you can pick the lens color you want too.

I just found out that I could use glasses. Been looking at the square wire as that's what my sunglasses are now, rather pricey at $450-$499. IIRC polarized is a $50-$100 option.

9/9/18 @ 5:45 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

Does anyone know of a good brand for prescription polarized sun glasses? I have a pair of Rayban’s but they barely cut the glare off the water.

10/1/16 @ 8:23 AM
rmba
MEMBER since 7/1/10

I ended up getting some Costas, glass lens . So far I like them, I don't really know if they are worth the money, I do like the fact that they are glass. I feel I little safer . thanks for the input,

8/4/16 @ 8:22 AM
Slugchucker
User since 6/21/01

H3O's for about 100 bucks. Three interchangeable lenses (Amber, grey, yellow) and you can but replacement parts or lenses should you need them.  Located in Appleton I believe, not sure where they sell in retail but you can purchase off the website. I wear the amber lenses everyday while driving, depth perception and contrast are unbelievable.

7/8/16 @ 3:25 PM
diver hunter 1987
User since 9/29/09

I had just bought Wiley x stratic glasses at the bargain cave at cabelas for 50 bucks  these are the first higher end glasses I've bought and they are awesome plus ansi certified  I think normal retail is 175

7/7/16 @ 11:18 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

All I can say if you are going to spend big money on glasses buy glass.

7/1/16 @ 8:25 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

Costas 

I have always hated wearing any kind of glasses. However it became clear the glare was starting to wear on me so I broke down and bought a pair of sunglasses. I got a pair of Costa Fathoms with 580 glass, I love them and wear them almost always when I'm outside.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 31 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.