SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Planner boards

6/20/20 @ 6:43 PM
INITIAL POST
gater
User since 11/25/07

I don't have a lot of experience using planner boards. I have a pair of the walleye boards. I tried using one the other day pulling a crank bait. It kept coming unhooked. Is it a bad board or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
7/27/20 @ 9:43 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I use the Off Shore OR18 in the front and the Red OR16 with the pin in the back.  When a fish hits, I can pull back on the board and release it from the front clip (set lighter to allow this).  Wait a few seconds and the line will go back directly behind the boat and I can then catch the fish without fighting the board or having it pull to the side.  Less clearing of lines then too.  The OR16 with the pin keeps it on the line but not pulling to the side since the front clip is popped.

7/27/20 @ 6:45 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

The latch clip they are referring to is Off Shore OR 18 adjustable release. That is what I use because they don't let go. Another option might be the Off Shore red OR16 that has a pin in the middle of the pads.

Grey Beard

7/25/20 @ 6:34 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

Thanks. 

7/25/20 @ 1:53 PM
Minfam
User since 2/16/20

Gator I actually added the clip with the arm. The lead screw will fit in the hole the trail screw you will have to make a new hole.  Works fine.  I have heard others drilling the church arm to fit the offshore latch clip.  

7/25/20 @ 1:00 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

Minfam, I have the orange walleye boards. Are the offshore clips compatible with the walleye boards?

7/3/20 @ 9:55 PM
Minfam
User since 2/16/20

What kind of board is it?  A couple things you can do.  If the clips are adjustable tighten the screw.  If using braid double wrap the front going around the bottom part of the clip.   Where it attaches to the rear you can use a snap, shower curtain clip, or an offshore OR-16 clip.  You can on some boards change clips use that clip on the front or the latch locking clip that offshore makes.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE