MORE
Fishing Equipment

Pike short strike on Arbogast buzz plug

7/8/20 @ 8:20 AM
INITIAL POST
DigBaddy
DigBaddy
User since 12/27/12

I have been fishing my local river using the Arbogast Buzz plug.  I get really good action on it but I have been struggling with pike short striking it.  This morning I had 8 short strikes.  Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to get them to strike more accurately.  I have slowed down my retrieve and still have the problem.  Will a trailer hook help or will it just affect the bait action?

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
7/9/20 @ 4:41 PM
DigBaddy
DigBaddy
User since 12/27/12

Thanks everyone.  I do need to work on my hook sets.  I will give these tips a try and let you all know what I find out.  If the weather is nice, I plan on hitting the river again tomorrow morning.

7/8/20 @ 3:51 PM
Minfam
User since 2/16/20

Try pausing the bait at several points during the retrieve.

7/8/20 @ 2:53 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Alot of times it's not a short strike but hookset to early..see the splash set hook don't work ...got to feel it .then set

You probably know this thought it needed saying

7/8/20 @ 10:39 AM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Try it out and post your results or you can try a larger hook

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE