Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Onboard charger issues

6/23/16 @ 7:20 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BigAlseyes
User since 3/20/16

Does anyone have any promarine onboard chargers and do you like them  I had 2 on my boat and this year after one of them wasn't working they were both spiderweb fracked on the front as well

With these?  I had 2 of them on my boat and the front of both of them spider web cracked.  One of the units no longer worked.  These units were about 5 years old.

v

Promarine onboard chargers.  Has anyone else had any issues wi

Sent from my iPhone

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/27/16 @ 10:18 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I've had good luck with the Bass Pro XP onboard chargers from awhile ago, which were made by ProMariner

My current boat has the Cabela's Advanced Angler's onboard charger, which is also made by ProMariner, and am very happy with this one as well.

in both cases, these units were plugged in 24/7 365 when boat not being used, and they kept batteries in great shape... I did check water levels on the batteries twice a year as normal maintenance.

as far as cracked, I have no experience with that scenario

6/27/16 @ 8:21 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Exactly, a crack on the case will not hurt the charger itself.  If you are concerned, some waterproof tape or ducttape shoudl cure the crack.

6/26/16 @ 7:19 PM
basscaster
User since 6/21/01

I buy used Duel Pro sportsman (10 amps x 2) $260.I buy them used from bassboatcentral(under misc. or electronics or trolling motors) for around $100 max. Alot of guys have been going to 3 bank trolling motors so they are dumping them. I even picked up oe from ebay for $80 shipped. I probably bought 4 in last 10 years.I had 3 different boats and bought 1 for a friend...You can always make a offer if they are asking $130 . Put a piece of contractors duck tape on crack(keep moisture out), a crack on shell should not hurt the charger...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.