LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

new fish finder sell and install and training.

6/22/20 @ 2:50 PM
INITIAL POST
Myboyz
Myboyz
User since 12/27/16

It is time for me to get new electronics on my Triton.  I prefer Humminbird or Garmin.  I live between Milwaukee and GreenBay.  Looking to buy one from a reputable supplier and have it installed and some training.  Any recommendations for me are greatly appreciated. I would like to try side imaging.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
6/26/20 @ 4:52 PM
Rookie 1
User since 2/27/17

I have been using Garmin for years. I now have a echomap 93sv plus and echomap ultra 126sv with livescope. They are phenomenal units. My recommendation is if you can afford it by the largest screen you can afford. The difference between the detail from the 93sv to the 126sv especially with side image is awesome. As far as training goes watch you tube videos and spend time on the water with it. To be truthfully honest with you I find more fish with traditional sonar and down imaging than  I do with side image.

6/26/20 @ 9:25 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Go to Humminbird site, lots of training. You tube has endless topics. Just gotta spend the time. On the water works best. All locators have a reset, so if you really mess up all is fixed!

6/26/20 @ 7:37 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

There are certain Pro Anglers have classes for locator operation  look online

6/25/20 @ 9:45 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Myboyz,

Boat Doc is a Garmin dealership and they did a very clean  job installing on my boat

6/25/20 @ 8:15 AM
nova918
User since 3/1/14

Oh one more thing with garmin I'm waiting for them to get back to me.  I mark spots and have a hard time getting back onto them.  After some research it seems normal until you purchase a $120 heading sensor.  Something they don't ever mention, but it seems if you go with a hummingbird you need to purchase a mapping card.  

6/25/20 @ 7:59 AM
nova918
User since 3/1/14

Maybe I won't post some pictures as I can't figure out how to do that.  I have some pretty cool pictures in the half dozen trips with it so far.  I spend far more time exploring than fishing lately 

6/25/20 @ 7:56 AM
nova918
User since 3/1/14

I recently purchased and installed a Garmin echomap plus 73s.  Bass pro was blowing them out as Garmin now has a uhd ultra high definition.   The mapping is great very up to date and accurate.  Easy to use.  Far as seeing images sometimes it's clear others I'm constantly messing with setting to try and get a more clear image.  I was set on a bird mega side but am really wanting to try livescope so I went Garmin. I will try and upload some pics of underwater side images

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE