SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Minn Kota deckhand 25 and 40

3/21/18 @ 8:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Chipriverrat
User since 3/21/16

Do all of these come with the plug to plug in a remote?  I bought a 2005 Lund that has 2 of these on it but i don't see the plug for the remote on them.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
6/18/21 @ 10:38 AM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I put a Deckhand 40 on the bow of my Navigator 165CS last year. I had to move my trolling motor to the very front of the bow to make room for the Deckhand. The Deckhand is mounted to a quick release plate so I can slide it back for trailering. Otherwise it would have stuck out pretty far when trailering. I still ended up having my cover modified because it would not fit over the trolling motor in it's new location. I also added the remote switch right behind my throttle controls so I can operate it from the console. 

Minn Kota deckhand 25 and 40 photo by jbird68
4/28/21 @ 1:12 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

I have a Lund Rebel with a Minnkota deckhand on the front of the boat. I would also like to put one on the back. The issue is the back of the boat isn't flat like the front. Does anyone know where you can get a mounting bracket for the back of the boat or any suggestions on mounting a deckhand on the back of a boat?

4/28/18 @ 8:52 PM
wallybeav
wallybeav
User since 11/6/08

I have 16 ft Sylvan with both in front. Trolling motor on left side. Deckhand 40 on right. I have MinnKota plate to slide Deckhand on and off when I’m done fishing. 

4/28/18 @ 1:51 PM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

Anybody have both a Deckhand 25 and a trolling motor on the front of a Alumacraft Class 1650?

4/23/18 @ 3:59 PM
wallybeav
wallybeav
User since 11/6/08

I’m pretty sure it’s number 43 on schematic drawling. It’s been about 10 years since I replaced one. It’s very simple to do and you will know when you broke it and where it’s at. Because anchor will not come up and shaft is not spinning.

Click on link below for schematic drawing 

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0191/7628/files/2007_AH_-_Minn_Kota_-_accessories_-_DeckHand_40.pdf?1200

4/23/18 @ 1:23 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Where are these shear pins everyone keeps mentioning ?

I don't see them on the drawings of manuals !!

3/21/18 @ 4:58 PM
wallybeav
wallybeav
User since 11/6/08

I have the 40. Bought it about 10 yrs ago. Mine has the plug hanging off back of unit. It’s the black cord plug with 3 straight prongs in it. Remote comes with a lot of cord to reach unit. Make sure you have extra shear pins. Mine snapped couple times. Very easy to replace. Even on water. Just have screwdrivers and hammer and small punch to knockout piece if lodged in hole. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE