LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lures you would like to see in production again

4/10/20 @ 2:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
cajunmusky
USER SINCE 8/22/05

Lots of time on my hands these days-

Any baits/lures you guys would like to see being made again?  

I grew up throwing Shannon Spinners for just about anything, but no longer being made- Hildebrandt made the Nugget which was a good substitute with a little modification.

Woodchoppers had a specific "slurshing" sound on a stop-go retrieve that smallies seemed to find irresistible- the Ace in the Hole was close, but neither are made anymore.

Blue Fox made a 2-bladed vibrax in 5-6 sizes that killed pike and bass- it was essentially a small cowgirl with bucktail- they still make them but only up to a size 3

Rapala DT Fat 0 was a great top water twitch/wake bait, but there are some decent substitutes.

All these aren't in production anymore, but I really wish they were- you guys got anything you'd like to see being made again?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 74 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/26/22 @ 12:25 PM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

Yes the FIREBALL JIGNMINNOW is a real crappie slayer. 5 years ago I found a load of the smallest size and bought the entire inventory from a bait shop outside of CLINTONVILLE for 60$. I still have about 140 left!      We both thought that we screwed the other guy so it was a good deal for both of us.                  Another great bait was the ARBOGAST MUD BUG in bullhead colors.       Slayed the walleyes on those 2 small humps in LAKE DELTON.       CARPIO 

6/23/22 @ 5:11 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
USER SINCE 4/30/15

Creek Chub Injured Minnow.   Learned to fish with those and caught many bass and northern.  The wood ones were much better than the plastics.  Topwater action beats drowning minnows all day.

6/23/22 @ 12:37 PM
Timmothy A
USER SINCE 5/17/09

1.  Joe Bucher Outdoors chrome series shallow raiders.

2.  JBO mini slop masters.

6/22/22 @ 12:50 PM
Minfam
USER SINCE 2/16/20

Savage Gear 4-Play Slow Float

3/10/22 @ 12:37 PM
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

One of my favorite lures from when I was young was the Lazy Ike. I caught a lot of fish on that lure.

3/10/22 @ 10:21 AM
Hunter&Hound
USER SINCE 7/24/01

Fire Ball Jig-N-Minnow...killer crappie bait!

Rapala Minnow Rap

3/10/22 @ 10:00 AM
Outa line
USER SINCE 8/9/21

Bass D, ya love those sub warts. Do you remember the baby sub wart. It was killer too. Still got several of both sizes.

3/9/22 @ 11:48 PM
hntesox
hntesox
USER SINCE 1/11/02

Bagleys “killer bait”

3/9/22 @ 11:37 AM
Bass Destroyer
Bass Destroyer
USER SINCE 6/28/01

Storm Subwart in bumblebee color

3/9/22 @ 11:31 AM
CLINCHKNOT
USER SINCE 10/9/03

I will add Sutton spoons to this list.  They still work fantastic on lake trout in the summer time on Big Green lake.

Someone already mentioned Helin's flatfish.  Those made of wood not plastic!  The X5 and U20 were great bass baits casting over shallow water or by weed edges.

I still remember the original  floting rapalas in my father's tackle box with foil on the sides.  Made in the 60's?  

Bomber baits crawfish lures were great too!  Good on both smallmouth and largemouth.

How about lindy swipe tails?  My father still has some from the 70's.  7" plastic worms.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 74 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.