MORE
Fishing Equipment

Lures you would like to see in production again

4/10/20 @ 2:17 PM
INITIAL POST
cajunmusky
User since 8/22/05

Lots of time on my hands these days-

Any baits/lures you guys would like to see being made again?  

I grew up throwing Shannon Spinners for just about anything, but no longer being made- Hildebrandt made the Nugget which was a good substitute with a little modification.

Woodchoppers had a specific "slurshing" sound on a stop-go retrieve that smallies seemed to find irresistible- the Ace in the Hole was close, but neither are made anymore.

Blue Fox made a 2-bladed vibrax in 5-6 sizes that killed pike and bass- it was essentially a small cowgirl with bucktail- they still make them but only up to a size 3

Rapala DT Fat 0 was a great top water twitch/wake bait, but there are some decent substitutes.

All these aren't in production anymore, but I really wish they were- you guys got anything you'd like to see being made again?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 88 posts
3/19/23 @ 10:40 AM
Mirroman
Mirroman
User since 3/29/22
Surfing old threads on a Sunday morning and I find this interesting one...
I even asked/showed Brad Ruh at the Milwaukee Muskie Show about this one. Yes, they are out of production.

Its actually one of my fishing partners looking for these because he's had such good luck with them...To the point that is getting hard to repair them!

Musky Innovations Real Fish series.  Sucker, in WHITE.
Lures you would like to see in production again photo by Mirroman
2/26/23 @ 3:20 PM
Mountaindew
User since 5/17/04
JB Lures--- ORCA DIVER   Caught a lot of Crappies and Walleye in the winter on them
2/26/23 @ 9:29 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
That black 4” plastic worm with the metal lip. It had 2 or 3 hooks and was dynamite for walleyes.    Made by LAZY IKE I believe.   
2/15/23 @ 2:22 PM
anneyealator
User since 6/24/12

heddon x150 timber rattler..all 5 color patterns were productive..wood lure with hollow inside rattle chamber......i have caught musky,pike, steelhead,smallmouth and walleye on them..they floated at rest had smallies take them from the surface.

lazy ike in  silver patterns(coupled with red,orange,green,black)

rapala tail dancer in emerald shiner

whopper stopper lizard

2/14/23 @ 6:42 PM
Jerry K
User since 10/11/08

Mister Twister 6 inch " SLITHER " 

2/14/23 @ 6:12 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

Weber Crappie Killer jig-  the large size was a walleye killer for me back when...

2/8/23 @ 3:55 AM
madmerle
madmerle
User since 7/20/01

Rapala Fat Raps

2/4/23 @ 4:48 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Jointed baby depth raider in parrot. 

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE