LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lowrance waypoint management

7/21/14 @ 6:53 PM
ORIGNAL POST
reefhawg
reefhawg
User since 1/23/10
Well, I've finally done it. After filling my unit a couple years ago and deleting a couple hundred unneeded icons, my unit is again full. I have not done a good job with waypoint management and everything is stored on my units and backed up in full on two different chips every couple weeks or so.

I run an lcx 111 and an HDS 7. My 111 became full yesterday while trolling Petenwell flowage when I noticed it wasn't laying icons where I had bites.

In lieu of using my unit and hand deleting a ton of waypoints in MN then saving a 'WI' file, and then doing the same for MN, Canada, Green Bay etc., and then doing the same on each of my units, I'd really like to manage my waypoints and icons from my computer. I also have a hand held ifinder h20 that I'd like to again incorporate everything from ice fishing onto my summer units, once properly managed. My biggest concern is that I know I have waypoints/data on each unit that is separate from the others. However I don't have the room to save it all on each. If I could get a management system started, I could more easily transfer data to each.

I have done some research on this and the jury seems to be out on the various softwares out there. Some folks say I cannot manage the separate file types from my 111/ifinder along with the file types from my HDS 7. This is what a person had to say on the BBC boards after I did a search:

"1. ExpertGPS/EasyGPS: It only imports GPX files NOT native .URS files from Lowrance. They don't tell you that in their advertising! You WILL loose all your icons & symbols when you import/export GPX files from your Lowrance GPS.

2. MapCreate 7: Will import Ver 2 .URS files however there is a (overload error) bug in the software that occurs when zooming in on a lake. The program locks up and you loose your changes. They don't intend on fixing it and never will since MapCreate was canned years ago.

3. Hotmaps Explorer: This software will import Ver 2 but it doesn't contain one of the major lakes I fish "Lake Conroe". This software has been cumbersome to work with and buggy. It's discontinued and is no longer supported."

What I really want to do is separate my data into region specific files. In other words, I will have enough room on my unit for one of each of the following moving forward: Canada, inland WI, MN, Great Lakes/Green Bay. Can anyone help me get started with this?

Thanks much in advance

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/22/14 @ 7:39 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I see GDM doesn't support HDS-7... back to the drawing board

7/22/14 @ 7:06 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01
I am in the same boat and curious to see what happens. My HDS10 gen 1 has become painfully slow due to the amount of data I have stored.

7/21/14 @ 9:24 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
did you take a look at this?

http://www.lowrance.cn/en/Downloads/GPS-Data-Manager-GDM/

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.