MORE
Fishing Equipment

Lowrance HDS

3/12/21 @ 2:26 PM
INITIAL POST
lunkbox
lunkbox
User since 7/24/01

I’m at a crossroads, currently have a Lowrance HDS 5 (skimmer transducer) that is getting tough to see as I get older. Would like to swap out for an HDS 10 head unit. This should work without upgrading anything? Or If you were me would you just go straight to the new units with all the cool stuff?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
4/14/21 @ 1:05 PM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

I switched from a HDS 5 to a HDS 9 when I bought my new boat last year. So much nicer having the touch screen to navigate the menu. I would go with whole new package, won't cost a lot more for the benefit of down imaging & side scan. Have to admit the side scan takes a lot of getting used to.

4/14/21 @ 11:13 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Go straight to the new units.  You don't necessarily have to buy an SI or DI unit, but they are nice. My eyes not as good as they used to be either.  I previously had two 10" units on my boat, ordered two 12" units for new boat.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE