MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Lowrance Elite 7 Ti

4/17/17 @ 5:45 PM
ORIGINAL POST
luckyfish
luckyfish
USER since 1/19/14

Just bought a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti at Sheels. Any body have one and are they hard to install.  Salesman says not to hard. Are they a good unit?

Thanks

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
7/7/19 @ 3:01 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER since 12/15/08

The bad thing about this unit is 5 months after I bought mine they came out with the TI2 which has the “fish reveal” and several other nice feature IE an icon for downscan feature. About a week ago I talked to Lowrance’s tech service to see if there was anyway to upgrade it to the 2 model either by sending it in or getting an internet download. Nope.....he did send me a link to an upgrade I apparently already had because everything happened exactly as he said in the download and the upload to my unit. But nothing changed....I went to a seminar at a boat dealership this spring and one of the speakers was a guide who is on the lowrance pro staff. He told me in the fall of 18 lowrance recalled all of the TI’s from the shelves and converted them to TI’2s and then put them back out there. And you can’t send yours in to do that? The touch screen is nice and I’m making it work but it’s far from the improvement I was hoping for when I replaced the perfectly working Hummingbird 788 HD DI with it.

ill quit crying, it’s only money ??

Post Your Comment
7/7/19 @ 8:29 AM
fishicot
fishicot
USER since 4/16/18

Thank you rijk.

Post Your Comment
7/7/19 @ 6:42 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

fishicot, If your looking for some good info on how understand bottom hardness I found a video on u-tube that explains it very clearly. The video is nearly 2 hours long and does a great job of explaining down scan, side scan and most everything about modern electronics. The bottom hardness section is near the end of the video if I remember correctly. The video is by "The Sonar Dr." and is titled Understanding 2d down imaging     Dr. Sonar is a Lowrance guy but has knowledge of other units also.

https://doctorsonar.com/blogs/educational-articles/down-imaging-and-2d-sonar-for-understanding-sonar 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q9izOwp1aU 

I purchased a Lowrance Hook2 Tripleshot with US inland maps installed last week and I am waiting for a Ram Mount to be delivered so I can get it set-up. 

EDIT: FYI for anyone interested Lowrance has a $50.00 - $100.00 rebate on until the end of September. Most units are $100.00 rebate. The Cabela's salesman was not even aware of it until I told him. I also joined the Cabela's Club and got an extra $20.00 off (and a free Cabela's hat YIPPIE).....$600.00 down to $480.00 with the rebates, not too bad. Probably going to buy a more advanced map chip also depending on how it goes?after set-up?

Edited on 7/7/19 8:12 AM
Post Your Comment
7/4/19 @ 4:18 PM
fishicot
fishicot
USER since 4/16/18

I've looked at a lot of you tube videos about this unit but the once thing I haven't seen explained is how to tell the bottom hardness.  On Winnebago transition areas can be important.  Anyone have any advice?  Thanks.

Post Your Comment
8/27/17 @ 11:41 AM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

lucky fish. Check your messages please.

Post Your Comment
8/27/17 @ 8:58 AM
luckyfish
luckyfish
USER since 1/19/14

Anyone that has a Lorwrance Elite 7 Ti, how do you clear all the tracking or (trail lines ) without losing your waypoints?  I can.t find info how to do this. Screen is full of lines to my fishing spots.

Thanks for helping---

So far I really like my unit, worth the money, still learning about it.

Post Your Comment
6/14/17 @ 9:09 PM
1fish2fish
1fish2fish
USER since 11/23/01

I just picked up the same unit. Holy transducer Batman!

Did you find a way to protect it? 

Post Your Comment
4/18/17 @ 5:46 PM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

It does stick out a ways more than I care for, but it is what it is. I mounted mine with nylock nuts and did not tighten them down real tight. If I hit something, it can move. 

The Stern Saver is a plastic block that glues to the transom... no holes. There are two sizes regular and mini. I used the mini.

Lowrance suggests to mount the transducer on the starboard side due to turbulence from the outboard. I have no experience with that. Maybe someone can help out.

Post Your Comment
4/17/17 @ 9:54 PM
luckyfish
luckyfish
USER since 1/19/14

Does your transducer stick out behind the boat? How is it protected?  I was surprised to see it that long.  I think I'll have to mount mine on other side of boat cause I got a kicker were my old transducer was.  What is a stern saver and where do you get one and how much does it cost?

Thanks for your help-----

Post Your Comment
4/17/17 @ 7:23 PM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

I got mine last year and it is not difficult to install. Mine also has Structure Scan. Make sure the connections and solid. I soldered, greased and used heat shrink tubing. Fish locators are very picky with voltage. If it drops out of its preferred range, it shuts down and you need to keep restarting it. 

I do recommend using  Stern Saver to mount the transducer. It is a little more work, but well worth it. There are a ton of features that are very useful and explained in the manual. 

I found that it did require that I spend more time on the water to learn how the unit worked.??

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts