MORE
Fishing Equipment

Landing Net.....suggestions??

5/7/14 @ 10:36 AM
INITIAL POST
INRUT24/7
INRUT24/7
User since 1/12/06
need a new landing net... I haven't made it out to see what's on the market and thought I would start here. Primarily will be used for walleye. Was planning on looking at Cabelas and Fleet Farm Anyone have any suggestions? THANKS....
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
8/10/20 @ 9:34 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

There are lots of good nets out there.  I happen to really like my Beckman.  I was really sad when they went out of business.  I hunted around and picked up 5 Beckman's.  Two walleye extendable nets, tow panfish non extendable, and a super long extendable salmon net.  They are now back in business.  Check them out.

8/7/20 @ 10:17 PM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

Coated nets are the way to go, nothing worse that getting trebles stuck in the net. Frabil makes a great net! I like a straight front instead of of a circle hoop, easier to scoop under the fish.

8/5/20 @ 8:44 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

With my wifes suggestion,  we bought a Fabil net with sliding handle which shortens and extends with a rubber style netting,  absolutely love it and it's small enough to not get in the way on my boat . We got it at Fleet Farm 

8/5/20 @ 10:59 AM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

Recently lost my old, reliable net when a buddy left it on the back of the boat...haven't searched nets in 15+ years.  I would like one, good, extendable trolling net for big walleyes and Salmanoids.

Has anyone tried the Bubba nets yet? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bubba-Blade-Large-Extendable-Net-1122182-/313049947873?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0  

I know they're pricey, but want to do this right the first time!

Thanks.

5/7/14 @ 8:09 PM
Capt. Patrick Conger
Capt. Patrick Conger
User since 3/21/13
I would have to suggest stow master nets. They're very well built and fold up for easy storage. There a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed. Capt Patrick
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE