LOGIN
Lake-Link

Landing Net.....suggestions??

5/7/14 @ 10:36 AM
ORIGINAL POST
INRUT24/7
INRUT24/7
User since 1/12/06
need a new landing net... I haven't made it out to see what's on the market and thought I would start here. Primarily will be used for walleye. Was planning on looking at Cabelas and Fleet Farm Anyone have any suggestions? THANKS....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/10/20 @ 9:34 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

There are lots of good nets out there.  I happen to really like my Beckman.  I was really sad when they went out of business.  I hunted around and picked up 5 Beckman's.  Two walleye extendable nets, tow panfish non extendable, and a super long extendable salmon net.  They are now back in business.  Check them out.

8/7/20 @ 10:17 PM
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

Coated nets are the way to go, nothing worse that getting trebles stuck in the net. Frabil makes a great net! I like a straight front instead of of a circle hoop, easier to scoop under the fish.

8/7/20 @ 7:56 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04
long handle nets are for wimps if shore fishing, get some waders!  

8/6/20 @ 2:05 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

that is not how you bring big fish into a boat.   the handle should be pointed up toward the sky so the fish is laying in net, and then you lift the fish over the gunwales while maintaining handle toward sky.   You can easily bend the handle on a net, or damage yoke if you swing them because nets are not designed to work that way.   Those shallow rubber nets are for panfishermen. 

8/5/20 @ 8:44 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

With my wifes suggestion,  we bought a Fabil net with sliding handle which shortens and extends with a rubber style netting,  absolutely love it and it's small enough to not get in the way on my boat . We got it at Fleet Farm 

8/5/20 @ 12:25 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
User since 12/22/04

I have a Stow Away net for musky fishing and is nice, but for my regular net I prefer Frabill Power Catch.  Net is almost 20 years hold and looks new.   you can buy extendable handle which I have for trolling and is nice and strong. 

that bubba net extends out to 6' it appears, my power catch extends out to 8' with extra handle which I think will be big difference.  

8/5/20 @ 10:59 AM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

Recently lost my old, reliable net when a buddy left it on the back of the boat...haven't searched nets in 15+ years.  I would like one, good, extendable trolling net for big walleyes and Salmanoids.

Has anyone tried the Bubba nets yet? https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bubba-Blade-Large-Extendable-Net-1122182-/313049947873?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0  

I know they're pricey, but want to do this right the first time!

Thanks.

5/7/14 @ 8:09 PM
Capt. Patrick Conger
Capt. Patrick Conger
User since 3/21/13
I would have to suggest stow master nets. They're very well built and fold up for easy storage. There a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed.

Capt Patrick

Fish WI Guide Service
(262) 894-4260
DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.