SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Jigging raps

7/24/21 @ 8:10 AM
INITIAL POST
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10

I was curious what you guys think about . Rapala jigging rap vis hyper glide, or any other jigging style.  any thought with one is better. I only been using the jigging rap for a couple years. I really hate loosing these. $$$ 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
8/9/21 @ 9:13 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Those Shiver minnoWS sure do look good!    I’m a rapala fan but always ready to try something new.      CARPIO 

8/7/21 @ 7:32 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04

I've been using hyper rattles. Not going to say where but for me when the water temp drops to 68 it's game  on for about 3 weeks. I think it's more time of year and location than which bait you use. Oh... and fish a lake that has a good eye stocking history.

8/1/21 @ 7:20 PM
MRGLAX
User since 10/20/05

I used to be a huge Jigging Rap fan, now I'm a huge Shiver Minnow fan.  These days about the only raps I use are #7 chrome/blue for eyes and a #3 metallic perch for perch.  #3 and smaller I do like the profile of the Rap better.  You wont save any $ on them because they cost the same or more.  Where they really stand out is their paint, the glow is off the charts compared to other off the shelf lures.

My absolute favorite balance jigs I don't even know what they're called or who made them.  I've got two that are older than me I found in one of my grandpas boxes.  They are very thin with a small flat hammered spoon instead of the plastic V on the tail.  They absolutely murder perch but have been retired for sentimental value befor a pike gets them.

8/1/21 @ 5:39 PM
Carpio
Carpio

I saw Rapala’s newest 4 1/2” suspending bait.   19.95$.  But wait! There’s more!   Lol

8/1/21 @ 9:21 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Rapala Jigging Raps were the lures that we’re used to invent the technique. For me, that makes them the gold standard. Will other brands work? I’m sure they would. I have a handful of the other brands but gravitate to the Jigging Raps most of the time. 

I get that they are expensive to lose but do you think twice about laying a $20 bill or two on a bar, restaurant or cinema? It’s all entertainment. 

7/30/21 @ 10:32 AM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I have a few YouTube guys I like to watch. They are Tom Boley, Clayton Schick and  Jay Siemens. They all use the Hyper Rattles and Hyper Glides and they catch fish. I have a few Hyper Rattles myself but only caught 1 Walleye in open water using Tom Boley's double snap technique. They do work. 

7/27/21 @ 9:03 PM
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10

What do you think the tried and true is? I see both on different channels.

7/27/21 @ 8:42 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Agree with Carpio.  Go with whats tried and true

7/25/21 @ 12:29 PM
Carpio
Carpio

I had a friend who always tried to get by on the cheap.    Would never put on a lively minnow or change a washed out waxie.   his cranks were mangled and wouldn’t run true.   He always complained that he had bad luck fishing,and never caught much.         My unsolicited advice:     Go with the best , the proven ones.      CARPIO 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE