SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Jig Maker near Manitowoc WI

6/1/23 @ 4:31 AM
INITIAL POST
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

There was a guy named Jim that made custom colored fishing jigs to your specifications who lived near Manitowoc but several times a summer he would come to the Princeton Flee Market on Saturdays. He had the best prices for lead jigs of anyone around. He had dozens of different sizes and colors but you could custom order and he would have them for you the next week. Does anyone know if Jim is still around? I checked the Flea Market on Saturday and he wasn’t there.Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
6/2/23 @ 11:52 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Thanks to all! I think He moved out of Manitowoc a few years ago. We had a conversation a few years ago. Someplace northwest of Manitowoc.
6/1/23 @ 12:27 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Deerlake - I sent you a message earlier because I didn't want to paste a name without being sure, but that is who my guess was.  I'm from Manitowoc and my dad knew Jim Swiggum and bought jigs from him occasionally.  Been a few years since we got any though, not sure if he does it still or not.
6/1/23 @ 12:04 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Thanks for replies. Neither one is the one I am looking for. I found his very old  business card and he was known as Swigs Jigs. The info on card is old and faded I think his name was Jim Swigum?
6/1/23 @ 9:37 AM
Oak & Iron Outdoors
User since 6/18/22
Would it be Jim O'Leary from O'Learys Taxidermy? He custom makes jigs and is right in Valders.
6/1/23 @ 6:23 AM
JDs Customs
User since 9/16/20
Hmmmmm, my name is Jim. I do pour custom bass, pike, and Musky Jigs, but I never attended that flea Market…;)
JD
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE