Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ifish pro

1/23/20 @ 9:34 AM
ORIGNAL POST
swwave24
User since 12/9/17

Anyone know if the IFISH Pro has a light enough trigger for panfish? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/5/20 @ 8:32 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Speaking of the hole aerator, they are currently 20% off pretty much everywhere if anyone is interested in one! 

Cold Nation Ice defense

2/3/20 @ 1:16 PM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

There is no end to what you can spend money on.

One thing I do with both tip ups and my dead stick is if it's really cold or blowing snow I take a carpet square, put a small hole in the middle, and then run a slit from one outside edge straight to the hole.  Lay that over the whole and then when you need to grab the tip up or rod just run the line out the slit first and it's free.   A little cumbersome but it keeps the hole from freezing usually and the snow out.

2/3/20 @ 3:48 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

Drahts,

Your comment about a device that bubbles water in your hole to prevent ice formation reminded me of an elaborate ice house I saw this weekend.  It had all the amenities including a double deep fryer and metal cooking surface .  He also installed an aeration system equipped with hoses to keep his tip up holes free of ice.  lol  I think I'd be tripping over the hoses on the way to my holes.

1/30/20 @ 12:30 PM
Drahts
User since 9/8/17

jkb is right on the money.  I use this often, exactly as his picture shows.  I call it my redneck Ifish Pro.  Can't be too cold though or holes freeze up fast.  And no, I'm not going to buy that item that refreshes the water in your hole....

1/29/20 @ 4:48 PM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

Yes the bail is open and the line is held by the friction between he rubber band and the rod.  You can adjust the tension by using a weaker rubber bands or fewer wraps around the rod handle.

1/29/20 @ 11:15 AM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Jkb

thanks for the photo .

I have not seen the Ifish pro

But do you use this setup with the bail open.?

You should also post this on the ice fishing thread.

1/29/20 @ 4:35 AM
jkb
User since 6/25/02

IMO the I Fish Pro is an expensive unneeded piece of plastic.  You can achieve the same results with a 5 gallon bucket, a 6” piece of flagging tape and a rubber band.  Here is the set up.

1/23/20 @ 12:38 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Sure does! Its a super simple design that actually works very well with a wide range of trigger sensitivity. I have the original iFish pro, i would assume the 2.0 is pretty much the same, just insulated. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.