Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

ID this spinnerbait anyone?

4/29/14 @ 7:58 PM
ORIGNAL POST
mendota
MEMBER since 12/19/01
I think I bought these out of a discount bin at Dorn's quite a few years back, this is the last one I own.

Any ideas? No markings on it at all..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/11/14 @ 6:23 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
Leverage...they make, or made...not sure if they are still in business...spinnerbaits and buzzbaits like this. The hook was attached to some superstrong stranded wire from (I believe) the airline industry. The hook was also positioned a litte farther back to eliminate the need for a trailer hook. Roland Martin had a hand in their build....or at least hawked them.

Wink

5/9/14 @ 9:37 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
It looks like a Lindy Babe Winklemann; I was given a couple of them a few years ago.

5/7/14 @ 9:07 PM
Bug Zapper
User since 7/19/04
Years ago I bought a can of spinnerbaits from Bass Pro and this bait looks pretty much like they did.

5/5/14 @ 9:08 AM
mendota
MEMBER since 12/19/01
I must confess that I replaced the original (ripped) surgical rubber hook keeper with the piece of red rubber hose that is in the picture, in an attempt to repair the bait. It ain't working, so I will have to keep looking for a suitable replacement.

Yes, the intent was to prevent bass from easily throwing the bait. It did work as advertised. The piece of rubber held the hook in place until the bait was grabbed.

More important, for some reason the bait tended to be attractive to larger specimens. Perhaps because it comes through the water at an odd attitude, due to the hook attachment method.

5/4/14 @ 8:56 AM
esoxangler
User since 1/16/03
I am not sure who made this but in the picture it appears that the hook is designed to swing freely once a fish is hooked which is supposed to keep them hooked in spite of head shaking and rolling better than standard design. I know booyah made a buzzbait series with this type of design a few years ago but I do not know if they made spinner baits as well. There is a musky/pike spinner bait called a nut buster by llungen lures with same design but they are much larger. If the lure is designed as i stated i am curious whether you think the design worked well? I have been looking for the booyah buzzbait for a while now and cannot find them. Good luck. Ea

5/4/14 @ 12:04 AM
Bug Zapper
User since 7/19/04
Don't know but looks cheaply made.

5/1/14 @ 2:26 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
Looks like somebody's homemade spinnerbait.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.