Shanatized Walleye
Shanatized Walleye
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/01

Looking for a new pair....any suggestions? Thanks

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
1/26/23 @ 6:33 PM
papiman
User since 8/22/22

Frabil ice creepersthey fit great on your boots and do not fall off like some of the low cost ones price very good

1/5/23 @ 10:50 AM
RStock521
User since 12/12/21

Kahtoola Microspikes.  Best there are. 

1/5/23 @ 9:43 AM
YonkerS
User since 1/28/13

Korkers Extremes.

Depending on foot size $70-$80.

https://www.amazon.com/Korkers-Footwear-Extreme-Ice-Cleat-M/dp/B009LDC3Y8/ref=sr_1_5?crid=8NSNQMSR3ACE&keywords=korkers+extreme+ice+cleats&qid=1672929752&sprefix=korkers+extreme%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-5

1/4/23 @ 2:14 PM
Always Been Fishing
User since 1/4/23

Love the Yak traxs , got them at fleet farm, easy to put on but you got to buy the right size for your boot

1/2/23 @ 10:35 PM
Nitz
User since 12/27/02

I have been running Yaktrax Diamond Grip Traction Device for the past ~5 seasons.  They are the best I have found so far for ice fishing.

They are lightweight, easy to pack, not dangerously sharp (but like any of these cleats, one could definitely be hurt if not careful), and relatively easy on/off.  They are effective on glare ice, wet ice (think heater-caused melting, slick surface), with a bit of snow on top, or in slushy conditions.  I was initially concerned about the cable corroding thru and breaking, but that has not yet happened.

Now, if I was looking for something for winter hiking or jogging, I would probably go a different direction.  The Diamond Grips are not as aggressive as most crampons and I do not see them holding up to running/jogging on road surfaces.

1/2/23 @ 7:56 PM
Fishrun
Fishrun
User since 6/8/20

Stable Icers. On my fourth year with a pair. Full sole that strap on your boots. 17 cleats from heal to toe. Cost $45 -$50 but well worth it.  Bought a box of 50 replacement cleats for $10 last year.

1/2/23 @ 6:47 PM
Arnolduah
User since 10/14/14

I also use the Hillsound Trail Crampon's. They are aggressive but are made well and I can use on hiking boots or my big muck boots

1/2/23 @ 7:03 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

I have ones from HT and cost about $15.  They are ok but when the rubber broke last year on mine, a pair was sent out right away.

1/1/23 @ 10:32 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15

I hike the Ice Age Trail a lot and every winter I find pieces and parts from lesser brands of creepers- the ones you find at Fleet or most other places.  I have been using the same pair of Kahtoola Microspikes for 10 years and they look like the day I got them.  They pull on and off easily on everything from trail running shoes to Mucks to my biggest pac-boots.  If you only fish on ice without snow cover- or for walking on icy pavement, Kahtoola Exo-Spikes are the way to go as they have a much shorter spike.  Either will run you $60 but are well worth the money, will get you where you are going with less effort and much better than a busted ass.  Get some.

1/1/23 @ 11:38 AM
tackleboxtn
PRO MEMBER User since 12/30/01

I use these, had surgery on both shoulders, can't fall again. They are aggressive and with snow on the ice they grip good.

Pricey but mine have lasted 3 yrs now, cheap insurance for me.

Hillsound Trail Crampon I Ice Cleat Traction System

1/1/23 @ 9:45 AM
TipDown!
User since 3/1/11

I also use Kahtoola creepers. They are the best I have used. Yes a bit pricey worth every penny.

12/31/22 @ 2:27 PM
fishchef
User since 11/17/09

Have used these for years and a favorite amongst us slushies:

https://kahtoola.com/traction/microspikes-footwear-traction/

12/31/22 @ 11:59 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

These are my new favorites. A friend slipped on ice and shattered a wrist. These were a gift from her because she knew I ice fish a lot. The Yak-trax on the other boot worked great and can be worn indoors but the new ones get the nod with the water on top the ice I experienced yesterday.

ice cleats creepers photo by JamesD
12/27/22 @ 10:47 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I used to use the HT ones but went with Frabill last year. Much better in my opinion and not pricey. Only downside is walking in a tiled store to get bait kind of sucks. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE