Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Humminbird new install

5/9/18 @ 9:44 AM
ORIGNAL POST
weazdaddy
User since 11/16/12

Just got offline with Humminbird support, vague at best. I am mounting Helix 12 at helm with old 898c SI unit and I want to link the 2 of them togethr which I can do with ethernet cable is it best to use the new Helix transducer and eliminate the  2 898 transducers. Also would like to add thru hull transducer for at speed. Any help greatly appreciated

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/14/18 @ 11:33 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

weezdaddy,  how this turn out for you

5/12/18 @ 6:08 AM
weazdaddy
User since 11/16/12

Thanks for the input. So here is my plan have the 898 and helix at the helm an Ethernet cable between the 2 units. Eliminate the 898 si transducer and the GPS antenna. Mount helix si transducer on stern. Use y cable to run si and 2D trans duecers to helix. Will let you know how it works. Waiting on New mounts from Balzout

5/11/18 @ 10:45 PM
walleyeguy007
walleyeguy007
User since 1/1/06

Tim is correct. Run both ducers if possible. They make a Y splitter for that. My high def ducer with my Helix 9 looses bottom at about 40 mph in calm water. In rough water I loose it in the low 30s. With the standard sonar type ducers you'll pick up better at faster speeds. With the ethernet switch and having the units linked they should switch back and forth on there own. 

5/10/18 @ 6:07 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

If you are mounting the Helix 12 at the helm, I would also mount the Helizx xducer on the transom.  I know guys like their thru hulls, but I can read my xducer at 50 MPH without issue

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.