SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Humminbird Fish Smart App

7/30/20 @ 8:36 AM
INITIAL POST
Johnson Creek
User since 4/26/09

Question, I bought a Helix10 Gen 3; it notes you can use the "Fish Smart" app to purchase detailed lake information.  Just want to do it once so asking the question... from the app one just buys the Lake you want and it will upload via bluetooth to the Helix as long as you put a blank 32GB Card in or do you need to do the card from your computer?  

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
8/3/20 @ 8:38 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

So you press the info button on your Helix 10 and the smartstrike program did not activate

If it didn't work it's nothing I can do you like to call hummingbird

8/3/20 @ 1:37 PM
Johnson Creek
User since 4/26/09

So i got everything to load up but the smart strike for the lake didn't seem to work or come through.  The map worked well but smart strike didn't... the lake did have the smart strike feature and it was loaded on the card correctly, tried to troubleshoot on the lake but no luck.  Thoughts.

8/2/20 @ 10:21 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

On the hummingbird chartselect website if all it shows is the map of the lake and it doesn't have the layer for the smart strike layer and there wasn't one for that Lake

7/31/20 @ 7:41 AM
Johnson Creek
User since 4/26/09

BâssÂddîçt ©¸ 

So if i purchase the package off of the Humminbird ChartSelect with the Smart Strike Layer you can only do by downloading onto the chip using a computer then?  Makes sense since I don't see where the package is available on the app but it's available on the website.  Going to try later today.  Looking for someone that's done it so the help is appreciated. 

7/31/20 @ 5:46 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
7/30/20 @ 8:33 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

dsnick1 I would recommend that you do those updates at home not on the water

You can download the maps directly to your Helix 10 from the app

What you can't do from the app if you can't download a smart strike layer

That can only be downloaded from the Humminbird chart select on your PC

7/30/20 @ 3:23 PM
dcsnick1
User since 4/8/08

I have not used it but that’s what it looks like. You can also link your graphs to it and any other hummingbird electronics you have such as ethernet hub. Or your trolling motor. These are the devices that I have. That show up

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE