MORE
Fishing Equipment

Helix 9 reading 1.9 feet. Need advice

7/14/20 @ 10:24 PM
INITIAL POST
opay617
User since 1/10/12

Hi Everybody,

My Helix 9 keeps flipping from reading a accurate depth to reading 1.9 ft.  I'm not sure if its the unit, a setting I changed or a connection.  I'm going to be calling hummingbird shortly, but I was curious if anyone had advice.

Thanks in advance 

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts
7/15/20 @ 10:50 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I had that issue recently.  It ended up that my transducer was bad and needed to be replaced.  Not sure if that is your problem, but it was mine.

You would be wise to check those connections and you can easily see if something is wrong and adjust.  Including checking the transducer and making sure it is on the correct angle.  (Easy fix if it isn't.)

You would also be wise to see if there is an update to that head unit to be downloaded into the Helix.

And if those "easy" fixes don't work, then you may want to check the transducer.  Take the head off (if you can) and hook it up to a different transducer (if you have that).

For me, I had a built in Terrova transducer.  And to be fair, it had been banging rocks and sticks for about 10 years.  It was time to get a new trolling motor.  Once I put the Ulterra in, the head unit worked just fine.

Displaying 1 to 1 of 1 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE