MORE
Fishing Equipment

Helix 7

10/17/20 @ 7:52 AM
INITIAL POST
Basspro05
Basspro05
User since 12/8/08

Looking to get a helix 7 all season this winter for ice fishing. I will be getting a boat in the future reason for all season. Questions I have is a lake master chip or navionics chip necessary for this unit? If so what one is better. I fish fox chain in IL, small lake -shabbona, il , Higgins lake in MI and lake wisconsin, Wi. If a chip is needed what one would you get if I fish these bodies of water? Thank you in advanced 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
10/18/20 @ 10:00 AM
Jellymaker
Jellymaker
User since 9/15/17

Rock humps are easily identified by the contour line and you can also use the highlight feature which really helps you concentrate your time where the fish are. I think Lakemaster has a version which actually does cribs and provides overlays that actually show docks.

10/18/20 @ 7:25 AM
Basspro05
Basspro05
User since 12/8/08

does the lake master chip post cribs and rock humps?

10/17/20 @ 6:45 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

I also like the lake master in my helix7 on th Mississippi river definitely a prop save. Works great fishing Minnesota water's. But to decide check the lakemaster website and it will tell which lakes are on the chip and the HD lakes in bold print on lake list have great contours and detail. When chip is in the helix 7 you can also check what lakes are on the chip by scrolling the unit.

10/17/20 @ 5:40 PM
ocetp
ocetp
User since 7/7/01

I’ e been struggling to get my Lakemaster chip to work with my Helix 7.  So far, not much helpful support from Humminbird.  They just tell me to repeat what I have already done.

10/17/20 @ 9:54 AM
Jellymaker
Jellymaker
User since 9/15/17

The unit comes with the Humminbird base map which is better than nothing for most water. I use  Lakemaster chips and am amazed at the accuracy, right down to wing dam position on the Mississippi.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE