Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Helix 7

8/15/16 @ 4:47 PM
ORIGNAL POST
icefisherman5
User since 1/17/12

Just put a helix 7 di/gps on my boat. Works fine, but was wondering if anyone has any fine tuning tips they did to make it even better.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/31/08 @ 9:25 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I just put one on my boat, worked for about an hour and then quit.  The manual says it MUST be 12.2 VDC and according to my meter I have 11.93VDC.  Is it THAT finnicky?  Anyone experience something similar?  I put a new battery in yesterday and it started just fine.

Even tried restarting it with the motor running to no avail.

2/15/18 @ 10:33 AM
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows which is the most up to date Lakemaster chip and a good place to buy it? I have a Helix 7 Si gps. Thanks..

8/16/16 @ 8:09 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Actually the Helix 7 is very easy to operate.  I purchased one for ice fishing, primarily wanted the GPS.  I bought a DI unit, but purchased the ice ducer for the winter.  I really don't use the locator in the winter, typically shut that ofrf and just use GPS, I mounted it on a blue box.  So this summer put it on my sons boat with the DI, he loves it.  He is not locator savy, he jsut turns it on and goes with it.  Biggest thing even if you use auto which he does is don't use Fish Icons!!

8/16/16 @ 7:16 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

In the process of installing the same unit in my boat. Added the Navionics map chip. Plan to get on the water this weekend and see how it performs. Hope it is easier to operate than the 160 page manual leads me to believe.

8/15/16 @ 9:42 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

You running it in manual or auto? You have a good level transducer mount?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.