Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Helix 7 chirp gn2 si vs Garmin 93sv echomap

4/10/18 @ 4:39 PM
ORIGNAL POST
lunker75
User since 12/13/13

Hi everyone I'm looking to get a new graph and the 93sv is on sale for 599 and the helix for 650 so what are your thoughts ....they are both in my price range I heard  great things about both units Garmin comes with 17000 lakes maps built in and 9" screen and 50 bucks cheaper so just wanted to know any info thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/17/18 @ 11:47 AM
Timmothy A
MEMBER since 5/17/09

I am a bird guy, but I was shopping this same pair on the fence between the 2 (I have an open mind) and the Cabella's expert said the main flaw in the Garmin is you can't cursor over to a spot on the sidescan and waypoint it to go back later or drive to it now.  

4/12/18 @ 1:43 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I've always been a Humminbird guy, but I was very tempted to pick up that Garmin myself as you're basically saving $150 by not having to purchase the mapping software like you would on the Humminbird.  You can also upgrade to Panoptix on the Garmin if you wanted to in the future.  Garmin has always been the top dog in the gps end of things, but they were somewhat behind on other features found on their depth finders.  They seem to have caught up in recent years.  I just think in this situation there is too much to pass up on the Garmin.

4/11/18 @ 10:55 AM
DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.