SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Helix 15 si g4 or Solix 15 si g3

9/6/21 @ 11:54 AM
INITIAL POST
wly101
User since 9/26/09

Looking at these two options, any insights and or opinions are welcome. I would consider a 12” screen as well.
Thank you in advance. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/8/21 @ 8:45 PM
wly101
User since 9/26/09

Thanks guys, I purchased the solix 12 mega si g3.

Vegas is right, that 15“ screen is massive, the 12 is awfully big too. Now I just have install it.

Best. 

9/8/21 @ 2:16 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I have a Helix 10 G3N.  Love it.  So easy to use.  

I know someone who runs the Solix series.  He loves it, too.  He did say he has issues when it is cold out, as it doesn't respond to touch quite as well, and I've heard that cleaning the screen can be a pain.  But it is a Helix, too.

Regarding size, I feel like 15 inches is just too big.  I run a Ranger 619.  I love the 10 inch, but if I had to do it again, I'd get a 12 inch screen.  I've got room for that, but that 15 looks like a monster.

I think that the 15 would be great if you are really using 4 screens at one time.  But I run two and have an older Humminbird 8 that runs just maps underneath the Helix.

9/8/21 @ 7:26 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

I have the Helix,  friend has the Solix,  I really like the Helix but when I stack it up to my friends Solix he can easily out navigate me screen to screen if that was a race requirement.  He has never said anything about having issues with the touch screen, and since I only have the Helix, I can't comment other than he loves his Solix, and shakes his head everytime he see's me pushing buttons... lol.   In addition to the SI, DI, transducer, I also added the high speed chirp transducer with Y cable, although that is already in the SI transducer.   This allows me to finely adjust the larger transducer for SI, and not be dependent upon it for running at speed.  By the way my large SI DI transducer did maintain contact at high speed.  My entire goal was to get more defined fish arch's with the 2D sonar which I achieved, as well as maintaining high speed bottom performance,  YMMV.  

good luck

9/6/21 @ 8:05 PM
wly101
User since 9/26/09

thank you, that is a really good point.

9/6/21 @ 2:42 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

I suggest the the Helix. Friend has a touch screen unit and I am not fond of the touch screen. Depending on the condition of your finger - wet vs dry they do not always respond quickly and if you do numerous screen changes you may have problems viewing the screen do to finger prints and smudges all over the surface. Very pleased with my Helix's. Get Gen 3 of later just incase you want to add live imaging at a later date. Good Luck

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE