SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Garmin set up help

6/20/22 @ 9:22 PM
INITIAL POST
hnt4h2o
User since 10/17/05

Hi I have 2 Garmin Echomaps and the Garmin force trolling motor.  I am struggling with an updated map on both units. There is no usable map on it now.  I have been trying to download from Garmin but having trouble.  Anyone interested  in setting up all of my Garmin stuff I am happy to pay you?  I would think there is someone that knows it well. I am in Blue Mounds.  It is in an air conditioned garage.

Thanks, Craig 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
7/2/22 @ 9:40 PM
FIB Mel
User since 5/18/09

When I switched to Garmin electronics, came across this page that seems to have a lot of knowledgeable people.

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=204&s=85d36080fa279532602b193a3d47f397

7/2/22 @ 6:55 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I have a 93SV on the console and a 73SV at the bow. I do use Active Captain. I download to my tablet or phone from internet. Then I sync wifi to my console and it updates both units. I'm looking for feedback on the Garmin trolling motor. I have a MK now with ipilot, switched from Lowrance networked units.

6/29/22 @ 4:46 PM
Rookie 1
User since 2/27/17

Do not use Active Captain, download from Garmin on SD card. I'm pretty sure you will have to pay for it if your EchoMaps didn't come with maps installed. Your best thing to do is contact Garmin Support. I have been using Garmin EchoMaps for over 10yrs, they have IMO the best support out there. I never had a problem they couldn't solve. 

6/29/22 @ 3:33 PM
Pontoonguy
User since 2/11/19

There's a lot of garmin help groups on Facebook. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE