LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Garmin EchoMap 73SV. Update software or not?

4/7/17 @ 10:45 AM
INITIAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

I got a great deal on a Garmin EchoMap 73sv with the GT52HW transducer. Not the ClearVu transducer that uses software for DI interpretation. The ClearVu transducers do not have a dedicated down imaging crystal. It uses the overlapping side view crystals. My new unit is on Software version 3.60. There is an update for version 3.80 at Garmin. I'm just not sure the new version interprets the down image as if it were using the Clear Vu transducer or if it still uses the dedicated down vu crystal. I know everyone says software updates are always good to do.  Just want some other opinions.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
4/8/17 @ 11:10 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

I have the 93sv and I see no reason to update. 

4/7/17 @ 8:31 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Well,  right now I don't have an SD card to do the update. Garmins website says it'll still use the dedicated down Vu crystal but doesn't say it won't still try to use software to process the overlapping side Vu crystals. 

4/7/17 @ 5:40 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Jbird from what I've read i don't think I would chance it till others have posted here or on wc. Let us know if you do.

Good Luck.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE