MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Garmin 72 UHD with Side View or Garmin 73 with down view only?

2/15/20 @ 12:39 PM
ORIGNAL POST
chopper
User since 7/2/01

They have the last years model Garmin 73 for 400 bucks at Fleet Farm but it doesn't have side view.  The new UHD Garmin has side view and more pixels but the cost is 800.00.  I have never used sideview and I mostly use locators to find fishy water not necessarily fish but maybe that's cause I have never had a great locator.  Any opinions?  Which would you buy?  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/23/20 @ 4:33 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Chopper, I'm upgrading also. Bought a 93sv for the console and a 73cv for the bow. I have US2 on my TM and it only does 2D sonar. I'm not good routing the ducer wire outside the TM with spot lock. Motor does it's thing while I'm concentrating on fishing. Snapped exterior ducer cable... I've spliced a few on buddy's boats in my day. With side imaging at the back and 2D up front, I'm good. I can network the 2 units with a simple data crossover cable I can make myself. This will allow me to bring up both ducers on 1 screen and utilize my US2 with 2 adaptor cables. No wires to get messed up if your not paying attention. 

2/21/20 @ 11:34 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Side imaging is a game changer.  Once you learn it, you will be hooked and you will catch more fish.

I don't know about Garmin, but Humminbird Helix units with Mega Side imaging are simply amazing.

Before you drop $800 on any unit, check them all out.  Garmin.  Lowrance.  Humminbird.  ...etc.  They've all come a long way.  Personally, I had Lowrance and switched to Humminbird.  To me, they are better units.  Easier for me to read, easier to use and very reliable.  

2/20/20 @ 11:00 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Do you need a Smart Phone to use the unit?

2/20/20 @ 4:36 AM
meganjoe45
User since 2/20/20

UHD Garmin is best nowadays, I suggest you buy it, my father currently using this and he has a great experience to use it, he bought it from ReeCoupons, because its pricey in local shops, there are many are available too, if you want more options once check there.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.