SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Frabil Bait Station

7/5/20 @ 9:14 AM
INITIAL POST
Da Panfish Punisher
User since 1/25/10

To keep bait alive for a day or 2, any thoughts on how long to run the aerator? The guy at the bait shop dont leave it on at all times to do it intermittently.

Any aeration tips to keep bait alive for few days? 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
7/13/21 @ 10:36 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Update from my perspective, I se I replied to this thread a year ago.  I have so many Frabil pumps that have just bought the farm and no longer work.  I recently found a heavy duty pump, one is 12 volt the other is a 110.  THey both have dual feeds.  I have  large 72 quart cooler that I put in the back of my truck whne I need to have a lto of minnows. It holds enought water that I can add 5 lbs of ice without shocking my bait,  Anyhow the areators are made by Power Bubbles, they are awesome.  I've got one of each and love it.

7/2/21 @ 7:10 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11

Guys let me tell three things : 

1. Those bait carriers are handy, but a five gallon pail with water from bait shop and TWO, yes count em (2) airators will do same thing. Advantage is pail holds more water and only costs $2. That cold bait shop water lasts in a big pail. U fo have to nut up to carry em, but i’m 64 and manage. I can put 48 thre to four inch sucker minnows ( best walleye bait erver) in mine and fish all day.

2. Wally has airators for $7.96 each. They do the same job at the expensive ones. Work on one or two d batteries...for whatever reason they are usually in camping aisle NOT WITH FISHING STUFF

3. Go to local grocery store meat dept.and ask for a BIG  STYRAFOAM FRESH FISH SHIPPING BOX. They all get fresh fish shipped in those and toss em after shipment unpacked. I happen to be a grocer. Fill the container with cold hose water, stick an airator or two in it and bait will last a long time. Great for overnite. 

7/9/20 @ 4:38 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I have several bait containers, once that I made and ones that I purchased.  If I have bait in them, I run the areator's continuously.  Key however is fresh cold water, but don't shock your bait either.  Don't keep your lid's locked tight, a vaccum can build up and cause so much back pressure on your areator that it will stop running.

7/6/20 @ 8:41 AM
roofer
User since 6/6/04

I bought frabill  bait bucket for ice fishing. running the aerator off and on made no difference, except the pump died in two weeks.  was not worth the price.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE