SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Floating fish basket ?

8/17/22 @ 8:20 AM
INITIAL POST
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Has anyone ever seen a floating fish basket like the ones I show here ?

I can't find a pic anywhere on the internet of these .

Floating fish basket ? photo by Sswpriz
Floating fish basket ? photo by Sswpriz
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/17/22 @ 7:30 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I only use one if I'm wading. I zip tied some foam pipe insulator around mine to keep it afloat. Prefer a livewell or bucket if I'm in the boat. The baskets sucks when they get full of weeds.

8/17/22 @ 7:03 PM
fishinghabit
User since 6/6/06

they were popular back in the 70's & 80's when most boats didnt have a live well were good it cooler weather but hen hot not so good

8/17/22 @ 6:57 PM
homewrecker
User since 8/28/03

The basket with the inner tube I would say someone made. My dad built 1 just like it years back after I ran our blue floating basket through the motor.

8/17/22 @ 2:29 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Been a while, but I thought the ones with the blue plastic lid pretty much floated on their own.  When I was a kid I used one and I remember when I replaced it with one that had just a wire lid, it sunk right away and I had to tie the rope shorter to prevent it.  Not sure why that stuck with me but it did.

8/17/22 @ 12:09 PM
Budman
User since 8/17/01

I've seen pool noodles zip tied to the top ring of the collapsible basket

8/17/22 @ 9:03 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

My guess is that someone improvised and added an inner tube to a wire fish basket. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE