SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Fishing electronics

6/24/21 @ 5:34 PM
INITIAL POST
walleyetracker85
User since 1/21/15

Hey guys looking at a different boat this winter. I’m wanting opinions on differences between lowrance humminbird and Garmin. I will tell you I don’t know how to use electronics the best but want to be much better. Which company is the most user friendly? Thanks

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts
11/7/21 @ 2:03 PM
Gtuna
User since 3/26/04

Mine just turned solid orange. Same luck with cust. Service.offerd me 300 off on new unite  I don't want. Ran old lms522 rest of year shopping for new unite for next year. Won't be lowrance.

10/30/21 @ 6:05 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Gtuna... Two seasons out of a hook unit? I had one also that lasted two seasons also... Customer service jerked me around for 6 weeks then told me out of warranty... Never again will I buy Lowrance products...

I went to Garmin 93sv UHD... Awesome unit... Ran a 73 panoptix last ice season... Also awesome..

Picture from my Hook2 triple shiz unit..

10/30/21 @ 3:00 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

Been looking at getting a Hummingbird Helix 7, I've had birds in the past with good luck. I see Cabelas has a Raymarine for about the same price because they have them on clearance ($450 off) . I watched a couple  YouTube vids on it and it seems like a nice locator with features I want,  anyone have experience with Raymarine?  Thanks.

7/28/21 @ 11:47 AM
Gtuna
User since 3/26/04

Also looking for new unite.My hook lasted 2 years and died. Ran lowrance for 45 years,never an issue till now. Customer service socks. Will probably by a bird in spring.

7/19/21 @ 11:56 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Yes sir... I went with the 93sv uhd.. Awesome unit well worth it...plus it it is panoptix compatible...

7/18/21 @ 6:45 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Had an older Garmin for 15 years,still works great. Bought a new Garmin striker7SV. Best unit with side view for $400. Clear and easy to use locator features, but lack of GPS MAPING AND card slot are an issue! Probably should have spent the extra $150 to get the plus model. I think they discontinued THIS model because of complaints about NO CARD SLOT.

7/3/21 @ 1:03 AM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

I would not buy Lowrance... Hook2 triple shot lasted 2 seasons..Then was jerked around for 5 week's 4 different tech support people..then I was told unit out of warranty... Going to Garmin 93sv uhd with t54 transducer...I will never buy another Lowrance product....

7/2/21 @ 6:13 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11

My friend with new boat, allow me to offer my two cents. I purchased a low end Garmin for my (new to me) boat. Nothing but issues, from instalation to everyday use. The most irritating is the tiny little FRAGILE wires they provide. Both the transducer and power cords are hideously weak and will never last. I spent $25 on a new power cord( they wouldn’t cover it) and now transducer cord quit. In addition (this totally galled me to my core) the unit only WATER RESISTANT!!!! Not waterproof ! Do they think it never frickin rains???  So immediately had to order $12 cover and pay $5 shipping. Ok so i bought the economy model, it should at least be functional.  I will be tossing the Garmin and buying something else. 

6/25/21 @ 12:31 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Been a Lowramce guy for a long time but the boat I bought last year had both Garmin Echomap and a Lowrance Elite 9 ti on it and I love the Garmin more and would replace the Ti with another Garmin when the time comes. Much easier to use in my opinion.  

6/25/21 @ 11:31 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Never have I used a Garmin.  But I've had Lowrance and Humminbird.

Birds are easy to use.  Pretty intuitive.  Lots of advantages to them if you run a Minn Kota trolling motor.

The Humminbird Live Imaging looks really interesting to me too.

6/24/21 @ 9:57 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Love my birds, but Garmin has the easy user interface down pat!!

Displaying 16 to 27 of 27 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE