SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Fishing electronics

6/24/21 @ 5:34 PM
INITIAL POST
walleyetracker85
User since 1/21/15

Hey guys looking at a different boat this winter. I’m wanting opinions on differences between lowrance humminbird and Garmin. I will tell you I don’t know how to use electronics the best but want to be much better. Which company is the most user friendly? Thanks

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
1/28/22 @ 10:08 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

If this helps here are the units I have.. Sorry I was off prices went up.. I paid 280.00 for my ice 35 just realized it was 10 years ago... Got it for my son he just turned 18..the Garmin you might have to make a pole for transducer I use the suction cup on my small boat but use the Gsp for ice fishing... I carry the unit open water and mark wave point.. I have updated to a panotix unit and slowly transferring wave points was we fish but still run the 35 hole hoping .. panotix is not made for that weight 12 or 14 pounds.. good luck .. you ever in the castle rock area shoot me a message I can try to put you on some fish..

Fishing electronics photo by huntfishcrappie
Fishing electronics photo by huntfishcrappie
1/28/22 @ 12:41 PM
Wisconsin Outdoorsman
User since 12/28/21

Thanks huntfishcrappie, I use to use my fathers Marcum LX-3 and I loved it before it finally died. I wish I could find another one but have yet to have any luck, but I'll look into the Hummingbird Ice 35!

1/27/22 @ 9:02 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Garmin striker unit are nice.. I have 1 ice package unit Gps is nice not the best for ice fishing but for 200ish ... Hummingbird ice 35 are great for 280.00.. 

1/27/22 @ 8:39 PM
Wisconsin Outdoorsman
User since 12/28/21

Looking for a little unit to bring ice fishing with me, don't have a boat so I don't really need anything high end. Just something to mark fish and to see bottom, any suggestions? PM me if you got one for sale!

1/21/22 @ 7:14 PM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Garmin are top of the line... I have 73cv ice package and a 93sv UHD on my boat Touch screen easy to work the mapping is awesome 3d mode is incredible mini sd card you can upload wave point from one to another very easy..I will never buy anything else...  West marine 93 for 600.00. 73 ice unit Cabela's 1300.00 on sale 2 years ago .. Great buy on that one .

1/21/22 @ 8:57 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

Garmin is definitely tough to beat.  I run (2) 93sv UHD units.  $700 at Scheel's.  It's a super bargain!

1/20/22 @ 5:21 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

MegaLive took things over? Ahhhh no, it is currently ranked the worst out of the three bigs producing it.

Turn on the internet and watch some reviews, it is still well behind the others, but may eventually get there. The best part about it is the brains are in the ducer rather than needing a black box.

1/20/22 @ 12:48 PM
wtw_fisherman
User since 8/12/09

Humminbird combo, ice/boat with mega live. Mega live has taken over everything. The combo can be used in boat or ice fishing. Mega live means drilling very few holes ice fishing. In boat either see fish or move.

1/13/22 @ 5:34 PM
Rookie 1
User since 2/27/17

I have a Garmin Echomap 126sv Ultra with livescope, easy to use and Garmin has great customer support. Will definitely put you on fish

1/13/22 @ 4:42 PM
gray fox
gray fox
PRO MEMBER User since 2/22/08

My opinion Garmin, user friendly.  GOOD CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

1/13/22 @ 12:57 PM
Jerry K
User since 10/11/08

I run both Garmin Striker7 SV and a Lowrance 7 HDS. Hands down Garmin is the EASY ONE.

1/12/22 @ 7:34 PM
Caleb749
User since 3/27/21

GARMIN! and if you want you can use it for ice fishing with the Ice transducer 

12/14/21 @ 1:06 PM
gray fox
gray fox
PRO MEMBER User since 2/22/08

Garmin  easy to use and understand.. Add that with LiveScope, and you have a great system, that will put you on fish.  GUARANTEED.

12/13/21 @ 7:05 PM
Gtuna
User since 3/26/04

Just ordered a helix 8 mega si.4 to 8 weeks out. Reeds in walker min.

11/7/21 @ 7:02 PM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

Humminbird helix real easy to use compatibility with Minn kota trolling motors and lakemaster chip s and can be used for ice fishing if it's a 9 or smaller. I mounted mine myself pretty easy.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE