MORE
Fishing Equipment

FISH LOCATOR

5/10/22 @ 3:40 PM
INITIAL POST
czar1
czar1
User since 7/2/09

Need a fish locator with gps would prefer side imaging as well. I have had Helix locators before so am familiar with them.  This will be for a small 16ft aluminum with a 9hrs 2 stroke merc.  I have had helix systems with larger boats before and like them, but have heard that prop washout is a concern with a smaller boat? I have it pretty much narrowed down to the Helix 5 chirp si gps g2 or the garmin striker vivid 7sv. I have never had a garmin dont know anything about them. What do you guys think? or is there a better  unit all together for around the same price? Want the mapping too.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/15/22 @ 6:52 PM
mskyadk
PRO MEMBER User since 11/11/01

You are Welcome.

Have everything on ram mounts and 2 minn. for set go.

5/13/22 @ 8:43 AM
czar1
czar1
User since 7/2/09

Thanks Myskdak!! Duh. Can't believe that almost got past me. I can use my Helix 9 from my pontoon!

5/12/22 @ 8:52 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Humminbird Helix 7 with mega side imaging.  That should be the unit for you.

5/11/22 @ 9:04 PM
mskyadk
PRO MEMBER User since 11/11/01

Save your money. Get an extra ducer & power cord and set up what you already have. I use the same on my 19' as my 14' tinner. Infact I run 2 9" units.

5/10/22 @ 5:16 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

If your going to go with humminbird, and decide to go with si. I would recommend mega si. Mega si is noticeablely better than the standard si. Maybe go with the helix 7 mega si gps.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE