SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Fish Grippers

8/29/19 @ 10:34 AM
INITIAL POST
Kupti
User since 6/15/01

I'm not a 'tree hugging charter member of PITA'  … AND … I fish and use to hunt … BUT … those 'lip grippers' don't look like they do a fish much good … kinda like modern gaff hooks … being held vertically, thrashing in air, and drip drying for pics. doesn't seem to be the 'THING' for CPR … ARE nets 'TOO' BIG' a deal for the modern fisherman ? … What are your thoughts ?!?!?!? 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/7/19 @ 10:50 AM
Kupti
User since 6/15/01

If you're a 'Musky' angler, I'm sure(?) you use a 'BIG' net and keep your fish in the water, except for maybe a quick lift for a pic. … 

9/27/19 @ 7:05 AM
jemstone90
jemstone90
User since 7/7/15

I never heard it called a "Lip Gripper" but I bought one at Dick's and have used it once on a unruly northern that had a treble hook DEEP in its mouth. I held onto the fish with this tool on its bottom jaw. By the time I got the hook out, with the fish thrashing around it had a good sized hole in the bottom of its mouth. If it dies, I will have saved thousands of pan fish, Bass, and Walleye. I didn't have to get it untangled from my net or get my hand mangled.

Northern Fishing

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE