SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Evinrude trolling motor

5/22/23 @ 5:38 PM
INITIAL POST
gater
User since 11/25/07

I have a question for anyone that has experience with Evinrude trolling motors. On an older Evinrude trolling motor, there is a red button on the foot pedal.  When you hold the red button in it goes.  When you let go of the red button it stops.  Is there any way to get the motor to go constantly without holding the red button in?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
5/23/23 @ 5:12 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07
Thanks for you help. 
5/22/23 @ 11:17 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
I completely agree piker, dang thing still runs like a champ....I have had to put several props on from things I've smacked and slop is no hinderance....literally the only issue I ever had was the arrow being "off" after it was banged hard....but thats just removing the top and re setting it....takes like 2 minutes.   I have even had the thing sitting outside unused for several years a couple times....thing doesnt care, hook the battery up and it sings.  I am not a big fan of many of the newer ones, although the ghost is really nice...but dang, there are so many things I would rather spend 3k on...lol...but I, too would love to add spot lock to it if I could,
5/22/23 @ 9:11 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05
As denesox mentioned, most cable-steer trolling motors don't have a 'Con' setting/button. The reason is the foot pedal and cable steering system was designed to be very maneuverable and steer very rapidly and easily. A cable drive trolling motor with a Con button would be pretty difficult to maintain a straight line with. Those OMC/Johnson/Evinrude trolling motors are absolutely BOMB-PROOF though! I have had mine buried in slop when frog fishing, lily pads, reeds, etc. and in the 14 years I've owned my boat, have not managed to burn it up yet. Mine is a 1993 model and I wish there was an aftermarket workaround to add SpotLock because I love the trolling motor, but would also like to have SpotLock.
5/22/23 @ 8:02 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
no....I mean, you could probably wedge something in there, but its not designed to be used like that....I also have an OMC trolling motor, mine is johnson, but it should be the same basic trolling motor.   I love the simplicity of it, but there is no constant on....mine is a '95 fwiw.  You would still need to keep your foot on the pedal to have control anyway, and its hard for me to do that without putting my foot on the red "button?
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE