SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Drill stripping Auger Adaptor

1/20/20 @ 12:45 PM
INITIAL POST
druoho
User since 7/25/14

have a strike master lite-flight 8' and my ridgid 18v  is stripping the adaptor. Its a older drill that I found. not sure if I need a different drill or what? 

anyone ever have this problem ? 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
1/20/20 @ 5:35 PM
chief12300
User since 8/25/10

If your adapter has a ring of metal at the very top, that's the problem, it won't allow the jaws of the chuck to reach the flats of the adapter if your drill has full length jaws like my milwaukee m-18 has. I simply ground off the ring on the end and tapered the end slightly- problem solved, no issues since!

1/20/20 @ 5:15 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

The Lite-Flite has a known issue with some brands of drills effected more than others, contact the manufacturer via phone or email and they will ship you a new "updated" adapter and a new bolt to secure it.

1/20/20 @ 1:40 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Have a machinist make you one,  the garbage you buy at the store is soft metal,  stainless won't work either.  It twists too easy.  I had the same issues until I talked to a person that knows metals well.   say you have a 1/2 inch chuck,  make it so it just fits w no play hardly...just enough to get it in.  Problem solved.

1/20/20 @ 1:08 PM
druoho
User since 7/25/14

wondering if the chuck is shot 

1/20/20 @ 12:57 PM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Replacement chucks can be had. Need to remove bolt inside and spin off. Depends how good rest of drill is, sounds like you have name brand drill.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE