SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Digital Scale recomendation

3/27/20 @ 2:05 PM
INITIAL POST
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

I don't need a culling scale, but want something that is fairly accurate.  Something under $50, but if I can get what I need for $25 that is even better.  Like the idea of a non puncture type scale with a lip-grip kind of connection.  

Thanks for your thoughts.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
4/19/20 @ 9:12 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Rapala has a a decent scale with a pincher type gripper

4/19/20 @ 11:05 AM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

I ended up with this scale:  https://www.rapala.com/rapala/fishing-tools/scales/digital-scales-/Digital+Scales.html

Paid less than $30 for the scale then took off the hook and put a full sized floating fish gripper on it that was less than $10, like this one:  https://www.rapala.com/rapala/fishing-tools/tool-combos/floating-fish-gripper-scale-combo-/RFFGSC.html

The whole outfit was under $40 and hopefully it will work well for me this season.  

Note:  the scale is water resistant but not water proof.  

4/8/20 @ 11:02 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

Google: rapala high contrast digital scale.

3/29/20 @ 1:27 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

maybe you or someone else will come up with a way to keep the scale dry

...or ???

always liked all the innovative thinking done for products for kayaks 

Good luck!

3/29/20 @ 12:58 PM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

Thanks for a shove in the right direction.  I see on the link that you sent, the 22 pounder is on sale right now.  Price isn't bad.  

As a kayaker, that one is not waterproof and as a kayaker, we have a saying that says:  "Rig to flip, dress to swim" for a reason.  So it give me some pause.

3/27/20 @ 10:25 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

If you've ever watched Major League Fishing,  they do tournaments where the bass is caught and immediately,  an official,  in every boat,  weighs the fish, then the fisherman releases the bass.

I'd guess that the scales they use are pretty accurate,  as there's some big time rewards at stake for the anglers...

They use a combination of a scale and a  gripper to reduce stress and damage to the fish

Link to what they use, you might find them or similar at a better price

https://shopmlf.com/

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE